The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Hurricanes offer sheet Jesperi Kotkaniemi

2 hours ago, sassbs said:

Let him walk.. 1st and a 3rd is not bad at all.   Plus it’s only a 1 year deal… he could resign with Mtl.   

When does that ever happen with players so young though? 

If they don’t match he’s as good as gone. 

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yep let this be a warning to GMs.

Teams don’t forget about offer sheets. I bet KKs agent knew this was coming.

We saw it first hand with Gillis offer sheeting Backes (great try) and then getting rocked on the Steve nernier offer sheet.

I think this screws both teams, really. If Montreal matches, they overpay and have to move someone to come up with the cap. And if they don't, the draft picks coming back aren't amazing and they have center position issues.

And if the Hurricanes do get him, then they are the ones overpaying AND they give up draft picks.

With all that said, this is the best offer sheet ever. Love the revenge and the signing bonus.

Edited by kloubek
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I think this screws both teams, really. If Montreal matches, they overpay and have to move someone to come up with the cap. And if they don't, the draft picks coming back aren't amazing and they have center position issues.

And if the Hurricanes do get him, then they are the ones overpaying AND they give up draft picks.

With all that said, this is the best offer sheet ever. Love the revenge and the signing bonus.

I think Kotkaniemi could thrive in Carolina though.

Doubt that salary looks like that much of an overpayment if he’s in a top 6 role.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He should be.

He’ll be making more than twice as much next season as he would have likely gotten on a two year deal.

Yeah KK's agent's eyes must of lit up when this came about.

His qualifying offer will be the same too. He'll be making bank.

• Cheers 1