The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who do you think will become the Canucks new "Whipping-Boy" for the 21-22 season ?

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

9 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Anyone from Miller, Pearson, Dickinson, Poolman, Lamikko Chiasson....

Probably the one of the first two as folks has a thing with money signs...

Actually hope, we start winning a few, so folks will lay off the players. They have all been fine to start with.

Can understand Millers body language sometimes makes folks wonder, but he often switches on in a second and will probably be amongst our top 3 points producer at the end of the season, if he stays on the top line.

I've never seen a fan base criticize their leading scorer like this. Blows me away.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

With Miller he's clearly an emotional guy. If he's struggling, he telegraphs it. 

But when he's clicking he's fantastic. Sadly losing some of our meat and potato guys means other teams now focus more on Petey and Miller. 

When we get Brock back, hopefully it makes it harder for the opposition, and it becomes easier for our players. 

I'd rather see a player who's frustrated and clearly wants to do better, than one who has a bad shift and doesn't want to improve. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I think it will be Pettersson. He wanted the big money, he wanted a winning team... it’s time for him to start playing and producing like the highest paid forward on the team. He’s looked too timid and a few steps behind so far this season. 

I guess its what you get when you missed the pre season.

6 hours ago, rychicken said:

For me it is Benning - our defencemen have been atrocious for years and he has done next to nothing to improve it. 

I think he’s trying. He brought in Poolman and OEL. Also added Schenn(2x cup winner) and he’s letting some youth get into the lineup.  I can’t knock him for trying new players out. 

EP40 if he doesn't start playing like a guy who wants '...to play for a team that’s winning and has the chance to go far into the playoffs every year.'  He needs to play up to his contract and he hasn't been yet. I do believe he has the talent and competitive personality to get there, but he also gets pretty down on himself and those same traits can also play havoc on the mind. 

39 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

For choosing OJ over Sergachev 

Or even charlie mcavoy

ugh. can you imagine if we had him. we'd be set for the RHD for years. 

but of course he goes to Boston of all places...

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Fan since 82 said:

EP40 if he doesn't start playing like a guy who wants '...to play for a team that’s winning and has the chance to go far into the playoffs every year.'  He needs to play up to his contract and he hasn't been yet. I do believe he has the talent and competitive personality to get there, but he also gets pretty down on himself and those same traits can also play havoc on the mind. 

We'll see. His statement, I wish he didn't make it, because it takes two doesn't it? The players have to play to their best ability to "win and has a chance to go far into the playoffs every year" and it's also on management to provide the structure - the best players, the depth, the best coaching staff, etc to be able to win. 

Is Green that coach? Not sure yet. Love the guy because he's a local, but if there are better more qualified candidates that can get this team to where it needs to be, then we need to hire that guy

Is Benning the guy to manage and build a contending team? I'm not sold on that either. I think we definitely need a guy like Benning to lead our amateur scouting for sure. But as lead guy over the organization? I'm not so sure. He's had almost 8 years on this job, and he's produced a half decent team, but usually if you've inherited a team that badly for so long, you should have a pretty good team, given that you draft well and smart over that time. Has Benning done that? Perhaps. So why is the team not as good as we think it should be? 

On 10/19/2021 at 6:31 AM, 73 Percent said:

I've never seen a fan base criticize their leading scorer like this. Blows me away.

Have you ever seen a professional athlete act like a petulant child so often during actual regular season games like Miller?

The team and fanbase lives with it because everyone knows how good he can be and how important he is to the team but it is quite puzzling, to say the least.

31 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Travis Green deserves to be the whipping boy and it’s well justified. 

Not sure what Green is supposed to do when 3 of his top 4 forwards are MIA. Pettersson is a borderline AHL player right now, Boeser has been iffy and Miller is more involved in his temper tantrums than the game.

• Cheers 2