The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

3 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

We spanked them for the previous decade... We owe them a year or two

No. Us slapping them around for a decade was a small restitution for getting slapped around ourselves during the Gretzky years. Then the Soilers get gifted 4 first overall picks during our period of dominance. Spoiled franchise.

• Cheers 1

I really liked that period.

We worked hard to create chances but didn’t create too many stupid odd man rushes.

D men and forwards took care of their assignments for the most part. Lammikko and Poolman made some real nice defensive plays to break up grade A chances.

Demko looked calm and confident. 

Just gotta keep getting pucks to the net and pick up the garbage.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

I'm not so sure that was Myers guy. Normally you'd look to the centreman to come back on that play.

Entirely true. Doubly so since Petey actually did have him tied up at the beginning of the play, but left to challenge behind the net.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree, He's probably the worst defensive defensman on the team but not too many others to choose from.

I actually liked his effort in his own zone a few times, but eventually he just seems to get either out muscled or he starts to drift out of position and start chasing. Love the kid and I still expect him to be better defensively this year than last.

2 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

We don't like to contain puck possession and set up in the offensive zone.

Our game plan is to dump and chase, 90% of the time in the offensive zone for us is trying to retrieve the puck.. if we are successful, there is 3 guys within 5 feet of each other and nowhere to move the puck so a weak shot happens and then is cleared up the ice.

I saw a lot of zone entries in that period.  You realize pretty much every team plays dump and chase more than carrying the puck I to the zone right?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Bieksa the only good part of that panel.

Cassie Campbell really is awful. Apparently that story was just a straight up plagiarization of an interview Jason Gregor did, with zero credit whatsoever.

It’s not an anti women thing but those 2 chicks on the panel suck, hell even david amber would be better