The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Senators re-sign Brady Tkachuk

So basically the Sens dropped a year and came up around a quarter mill AAV (from their reported 8x8 offer).

That’s a significant concession, but even still, it will probably prove to be a good deal for them.

At ~57M, it’s comparable to doing a 7x3 and then a 9x4, which is probably on the low side of what they could have expected to pay on a bridge deal and future extension (which is apparently what Tkachuk wanted).

Unless Brady flops, this should save Ottawa some money over the long run.

And they definitely have the space to carry a higher cap hit right now (unlike the Canucks with Pettersson).

Plus, they get contract certainty for seven more years, and won’t have to do this dance again until 2027-28 (assuming they keep Tkachuk in Ottawa for the life of this contract).

21 minutes ago, AV. said:

Move on....is that something Pettersson will be doing in 3 years? :bigblush:

Your post will get a lot of attention with the crowd at hfbaords Canucks, but not so much here. If I were you I'd post it there as you'd be a hero instantly.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, AV. said:

Move on....is that something Pettersson will be doing in 3 years? :bigblush:

No he is an RFA. 

Move on, that's something you should do from the Canucks. Go cheer for a team that signs everyone to a long term deal, maybe the Toronto Maple Leafs?  :bigblush:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

A lot of this is inference but the Tkachuks seem like the worst type of people. Kinda glad he signed long term in Ottawa where he'll toil on a bad team for years to come.

I work with someone who knows the family, and she says great things about them.  I just had to roll my eyes and stay silent, but I wanted to ask her... REALLY???  I just don't see it.  Gotta think she is just being classy, and not bad-mouthing behind their backs.

• Haha 1