The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

He’s getting his seasoning right now, in the big show and doing just fine.

Facts, Jack is a solid player right now that has some real good potential. He wont play 82, We know it, he knows it. But regardless this is good for him. I don't see him as a liability out there at all. Just needs NHL experience like he even says

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Vintage 1

The good: a lot of guys get their first

The bad: Pettersson gets slashed and whacked on his breakaway and no call

The ugly: Podkolzin gets benched for scoring and thinks he’s back in Russia. That’ll teach him, Russia’s not the only place that knows the meaning of... Green’s Gulag. 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

yeah... timeouts are not an advantage. do you forget the other team also gets to take a break as well?

Timeouts absolutely can be an advantage if used effectively. 

You call a timeout after the third goal tonight and you take away some of Philly's momentum. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Up and down game, but great win!  

Im not sure why Podz didn’t see any ice time in the 3rd.  He was playing pretty good. 

I was wondering that myself. He was having a hell of a game. Classic Green bench shortening in the 3rd. Doesn’t trust him enough quite yet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Facts, Jack is a solid player right now that has some real good potential. He wont play 82, We know it, he knows it. But regardless this is good for him. I don't see him as a liability out there at all. Just needs NHL experience like he even says

Yep, as for now we are undefeated in regulation so Jack sure ain’t costing us games. And yeah, he’ll probably be rotated out on occasion, perhaps tomorrow. It’s all good concerning Jack Rathbone. By mid season, he’s going to be a key cog in our attack.

• Like 1