The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Canucks look different. Faster. Better. 

Philly is no slouch, a playoff team. Canucks went into that hostile environment, got down 1-0 and then turned it on to win. Same with EDM, they're a tough team as well.

It's very encouraging that they're as good as they are without Boeser and Hamonic. I've almost forgotten about Motte and Sutter. This is a good team. Love the new additions in OEL, Garland, Lammikko and Dickinson. Podkolzin will only get better as he gets more comfortable. 

I think Philly is "rebuilding on the fly". No pun intended. They are trying to get younger, faster, and better, but not gut the team. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

All that cap space and they can't invest in a good goalie? 

Goalie is the only position I am scared of them.  They've got Nedelkjkovic who had a damn good year in Carolina last year.  Look at his stats.  A sub 2 GAA and a .932 save percentage in 23 games.  Griess is a damn good backup to have and we're probably lucky we don't have to face Alex this game.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Goalie is the only position I am scared of them.  They've got Nedelkjkovic who had a damn good year in Carolina last year.  Look at his stats.  A sub 2 GAA and a .932 save percentage in 23 games.  Griess is a damn good backup to have and we're probably lucky we don't have to face Alex this game.

Damn I forgot about that trade. Point well taken. 

29 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

On a top 5 canes team... Playing with maz.

Now hes on a very very young bottom 5 wings team, And gave up 7 first game.

I'm legit more worried about teams backups, as they go full vezina against us in pretty much every previous year:P

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1