The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Let's get Kraken: Canucks @ Kraken - Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:00pm PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’d like to see a reverse set up where Boeser is the trigger man on the left side 

I would love to see someone take a one timer. This receive the puck, settle the puck, then take a shot, is not acceptable at the pro level, let alone the NHL

• Cheers 1

lol the coaching staff on this team teaches our PP to plant and not move?? literally the only person that moves on the powerplay is hughes.. everyone is planted and rooted to the exact spot on the ice and pass the puck around slowly.. it's not the other team is getting agressive it's we are not moving the defense.. they are just easily staying in their box blocking all the lanes since we don't move

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

He didn't have much chance on that one. Passes were just off or bounced off his stick. Almost every pass was ahead of him and not in the wheelhouse to fire or even make a quick wrister. 

Not the way I saw it. He has one job, get ready for the one timers. The passes are there with good pace Petterson needs to adjust and be able to hit that from a 5 yard radius. Get your front leg out on the ice if you have to. 4 passes all wasted. At least get a shot off in one of those 4.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -DLC- said:

He used to.  Not A LOT but enough to get a good shot off.

If you have guys there waiting for your one timer, it's hardly going to be effective.  Petey has ways to make room for himself but hasn't been doing that as much as he used to.

One thing I have noticed is EP used to be much better at getting himself into proper position for the quick one timer. This year he is almost always standing with his left arm facing Hughes and not getting clean looks on the one timer as a result.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I don't understand how a PP with Petey, Miller, Horvat and Hughes is so abysmal.

I don't know why Boeser isn't on PP#1. Just put Boeser where Miller is and have 2 one-timer options it's easy to cover Petey if you don't have Boeser to worry about on the opposite side. Miller/Horvat are big boys and should be around the net.

We aren't gonna making the playoffs if our special teams are the way they are. PK lets the other team build momentum and PP kills our own momentum.

Early concerns. 

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Not the way I saw it. He has one job, get ready for the one timers. The passes are there with good pace Petterson needs to adjust and be able to hit that from a 5 yard radius. Get your front leg out on the ice if you have to. 4 passes all wasted. At least get a shot off in one of those 4.

Ever actually taken a one timer? Just wondering. 

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Boeser loses the puck more than anyone on the pp.  

Miller is still better option.

They need a real shooting threat.

Miller and Petey hardly ever shoot.

Hughes shoots more than Petey or Miller.

Too much passing it around. Too pedictable.

I’m going to need to defend my namesake here.  Petey missed almost the entire year last year and had to rehab for months.  Then he didn’t have a training camp at all.  Sure he could have signed a contract sooner, but Huggy did the same thing and he looks fine.

Petey needs another month to get his groove back.  At least Petey has an excuse. What’s Green’s excuse in playing AHL fodder on the power play?

• Cheers 1