The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, Ur a Towel said:

As bad as we're playing right now, to actually see some people glad that we lost because it might mean Green is gone sooner? Give your heads a shake. I'm not a green fan, but I'd much rather see the canucks win even if it means he stays longer than to cheer for them to lose.

image.jpeg.e2f4e2f88096ed138405bf0c354a0143.jpeg

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If Green’s on the chopping block, so is Benning. Aquilini would be insane to let him choose a third coach. 

There arent many to choose from, but from an article this time last year, here's whos still available (with NHL head coaching experience):
Bruce Boudreau
Mike Babcock
Todd Nelson
Dan Bylsma

Then there's a bunch of Assistant coaches and AHL coaches....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

The guys an absolute bum.

He will never get another shot at the NHL after this.

Look at our top 6. How can he not get these guys to produce?

Our defensive play is absolutely embarrassing.

We need a real coach.

they need to produce - why don't they play with some heart? some commitment? like a team? A lot of that is on the players. 

As for our D play - our players are crap....we have 6 or 7 players in our lineup tonight that a good team would have on their taxi squad. 

Highmore, Schenn, Bailey, Burroughs, Chaisson, Hunt , Lammikko are all journeymen players at best at this stage of their career

Myers played over 23 minutes tonight - on a good team he plays 15

With so many players that aren't that good, it makes us easier to play against - teams can really focus on our high end talent and not worry about a third of our team

this team is just not that good. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, eeeeergh said:

There arent many to choose from, but from an article this time last year, here's whos still available (with NHL head coaching experience):
Bruce Boudreau
Mike Babcock
Todd Nelson
Dan Bylsma

Babcock will never coach in the NHL again. Might as well take him off the list

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think Shaw could be a great head coach. He’s been behind NHL benches for over a decade and a half. Many thought he’d be primed for a head coaching gig. 

Enough is enough with the "oh it's worth a shot, I'm sure he will get the job done" type bull****.

Time to hire someone who knows how to run a bench. Someone who knows how to win.

Someone who commands respect around the league.

I'm tired of these guys like Green and Willie. 

We need a proven winner.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Bruce Boudreau
Mike Babcock
Todd Nelson
Dan Bylsma

Get Boudreau in here asap.

• Cheers 1

Just now, KelownaCanucksFan said:

No more rookie head coaches, the last two have sucked!

Except Shaw has been coaching in the NHL, in one form or another for over a decade and a half. He developed some young defensemen in Alex Pietrangelo, Colton Parayko, Zack Werenski, and Seth Jones, amongst others. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think Shaw could be a great head coach. He’s been behind NHL benches for over a decade and a half. Many thought he’d be primed for a head coaching gig. 

I would keep him as Associate. He is also a more defensive-minded guy and I don't think we have the makeup for that. Our core players are all offensive guys.

• Cheers 2

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

Enough is enough with the "oh it's worth a shot, I'm sure he will get the job done" type bull****.

Time to hire someone who knows how to run a bench. Someone who knows how to win.

Someone who commands respect around the league.

I'm tired of these guys like Green and Willie. 

We need a proven winner.

Look up what Shaw has done and get back to me. 

• Cheers 1

I’m gonna play QAnon conspiracy theorist here, but I think Petey’s

comments prior to contract signing about wanting to play on a winning team who are in the playoffs every year was a veiled acknowledgment that he’s not invested into or believes in Green’s coaching systems.

His poor, disengaged play right now is almost like a call to ownership saying who do u want longterm, me or him?

Benning is the GM on a short leash, and I think EP is playing his hand here to FA and parlaying the question: who’s worth more to you in longterm value…because this is not working for any of us.

Ahhhhhh, got that off my chest. 

Back to being a disgruntled homer now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3