The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's your favourite Canuck related memory or experience?

Rate this topic

Coconuts

In person, I've not really been to many games or seen many players. The best was probably going to an alumni game and Naslund being the special guest. He surprised us by bringing Bertuzzi too, which was cool.

As a fan in general, it's slaying the dragon for sure. Matt Cooke in 2004 would've been more exciting if we had actually won the series.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

It was an 8 or so game losing streak, when Kesler was battling like a madman along the boards in the defensive zone to get the puck. He then banks it off the boards around his check, to Burrows on the move, who moves in on a breakaway with his patented forehand-to-backhand-to- roof move to get (what I believe was) the game winner against Carolina, snapping the losing streak.

Edited by Drive-By Body Pierce
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

It was an 8 or so game losing streak, when Kesler was battling like a madman along the boards in the defensive zone to get the puck. He then banks it off the boards around his check, to Burrows on the move, who moves in on a breakaway with his patented forehand-to-backhand-to- roof move to get (what I believe was) the game winner against Carolina, snapping the losing streak.

That celly after where he pretends to break his stick is permanently enshrined in my memory.

• Like 3

For me it's either listening to Bure score Game 7 vs CAL on the radio during an early pre-planned camping trip...or a month or so later biking home for game 7 Cup Final .... never pedalled so hard in my life..work kept me until shortly after 4:30...got home and missed the first 5 minutes or so but was so grateful to be there and knew it was a big moment.    Have other memories too.  My first live game, splurged for front row seats.   Felt like i was entering a chapel.  All white boards.   Tim Hunter slapping pucks at my face during warm ups while i was grinning like an idiot .... skated by later with a sly grin on his face and tapped the glass.   The first 10 or so games i always walked down during warm-ups, cheered the guys on and ribbed and booed the opposition (do they even let grown ups do that now if your not in the reds?).... 

If it was one moment, it had to be with me and my young adult buddies and gals camping on the northern part of Cowichan lake in the Spring.   We had the entire campsite to ourselves (back then you could do that).    Not a soul around.   Sitting with a  trailer and radio next to a fire on a log.   Still light out...we were freaks and a lot of us swam that day so we're cold.   Then when Bure scored ... and while screaming our heads off we heard another group doing the exact same thing in the distance.   Back and forth we went for a full five minutes it was awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I really liked skating on the ice at Rogers Arena!  I was an Ice Pack member for a few seasons had the opportunity to go up to Vancouver and skate at Rogers arena.  It was great. I skated around, looked at everything while skating, sat on the ice in the center of the rink, and sat behind the bench.  I'm sure there are other great memories, but that is what comes to mind right now. 

I really liked the Canucks events as well.  Like the Summer Summit and going into the Canucks dressing room during one event. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 3