The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 30th, 2021, 7:00 PM Pacific | CBC | 2021 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Oilers @ Canucks  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I really dont get Garland being on 3rd line. Is Green going mental playing our best scorer on the 3rd line? This seems like a huge mistake. Garland and Bo have chemistry, what is Green doing???

Miller is getting his points, but his play is iffy, and Petey & Brock are dragging down whatever line they are on, so Green's thinking is, put all 3 on the one line, if they find that old magic, great, if not, then we are no worse off

Hogz, Bo and Pearson have had great chemistry since Hoagie's first game last season.  Reunite them, and as they are all playing well, good things should happen

Next to Petey, Podz shows signs that he is an elite passer, so pair him with Garland, one of our best finishers.  Dickinson, Garland and Podz are all good forecheckers, and despite the Elf's size, that should be a heavy hitting line.  Plus, the knock against Podz seems to be that his famous non-stop motor seems to be idling at times, so who better to pair him with than the Energizer Elf. 

I can't read Green's mind, but I bet these are his thoughts too

• Cheers 2

The issue that this team generated so little offence can't be resolved within a couple of days. Generating more offence especially creating more scoring chances is a process. First of all Canucks have to find ways to breakout of their own zone. The transition game so far has been atrocious. Once they are in the o-zone they have to find ways to get to the inside to create more high danger scoring chances.

I can't see how this team is gonna score 3 or 4 goals in a game. Canucks are one of the weakest teams at even strength and at the same time have serious difficulties to score on the PP. 

I for myself will enjoy this night with watching the rugby match New Zealand vs. Wales in Cardiff. This is gonna be real fun to watch. 2 more hours and it's time for the traditional "Haka" of the All Blacks.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I really dont get Garland being on 3rd line. Is Green going mental playing our best scorer on the 3rd line? This seems like a huge mistake. Garland and Bo have chemistry, what is Green doing???

mike tyson darts GIF

Hoping for a miracle.

45 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

The issue that this team generated so little offence can't be resolved within a couple of days. Generating more offence especially creating more scoring chances is a process. First of all Canucks have to find ways to breakout of their own zone. The transition game so far has been atrocious. Once they are in the o-zone they have to find ways to get to the inside to create more high danger scoring chances.

I can't see how this team is gonna score 3 or 4 goals in a game. Canucks are one of the weakest teams at even strength and at the same time have serious difficulties to score on the PP. 

I for myself will enjoy this night with watching the rugby match New Zealand vs. Wales in Cardiff. This is gonna be real fun to watch. 2 more hours and it's time for the traditional "Haka" of the All Blacks.

It’s sad we are still at this state in Benning’s tenure. Struggling to get goals, the injury excuse is piling up for him at the end of the year. You see teams like Carolina and Florida scoring with ease and winning 8 straight. When was the last time we won eight straight?We can’t even get more than one goal right now. We are this team who wins one and loses one and it seems to be fine with everyone in the organization. It’s been like this for the last few years. Not enough wins to be above .500. Very frustrating when we haven’t seen maturity and progression with this group.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I'm not surprised at all Keith and Toews are trying hard to not have their legacies tarnished. Too late now.

Yeah...good luck with that.  Your on ice accomplishments don't outweigh the fact that a player was having his life ripped apart and a sacrificial lamb in it all.  Kind of is a black mark because your focus on ice hardly seems as important as what you didn't focus on off ice.  Captain.  

I'm so glad we have a Captain who seems to really get that part from all accounts.

OK, back on track for me.   (heavy sigh at how sad this whole thing is)

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Yeah...good luck with that.  Your on ice accomplishments don't outweigh the fact that a player was having his life ripped apart and a sacrificial lamb in it all.  Kind of is a black mark because your focus on ice hardly seems as important as what you didn't focus on off ice.  Captain.  

I'm so glad we have a Captain who seems to really get that part from all accounts.

yup Bo is 1st class. So was Henrik. Aqulini is smart to keep the Sedins around to keep the right kind of culture going.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s sad we are still at this state in Benning’s tenure. Struggling to get goals, the injury excuse is piling up for him at the end of the year. You see teams like Carolina and Florida scoring with ease and winning 8 straight. When was the last time we won eight straight?We can’t even get more than one goal right now. We are this team who wins one and loses one and it seems to be fine with everyone in the organization. It’s been like this for the last few years. Not enough wins to be above .500. Very frustrating when we haven’t seen maturity and progression with this group.

I can sorta see the logic in Bennings team. Its built for the playoffs. It would never win a Presidents trophy in a million years but it might be able to play ugly and rough western conference playoffs

Edited by MaxVerstappen33
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1