The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 30th, 2021, 7:00 PM Pacific | CBC | 2021 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Oilers @ Canucks  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I really dont get Garland being on 3rd line. Is Green going mental playing our best scorer on the 3rd line? This seems like a huge mistake. Garland and Bo have chemistry, what is Green doing???

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

Beating Garland into submission. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We are in a harder conference and division. I can sorta see the logic in Bennings team. Its built for the playoffs. It would never win a Presidents trophy in a million years but it might be able to play ugly and rough western conference playoffs

This team is built for the playoffs? What makes you say that and what evidence do you have to support that? We can’t even make the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

So just to summarize..............

If we win, it's plan the parade, Benning is a genius

and

If we lose, it's fire Green and trade Pettersson

I just want to make sure I have this right!

Yes.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Really Looking forward to the 10 minutes when they actually put any effort out. 

Its the green “high event” with  low success system. 

Mcbaby should also be on full display crying every time some one touches him. 
and  bummer No smith I was really excited to see some 10/10 dives followed by I’m actually  ok tantrums.

bad new we face the back up. 

should be good could be bad 

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

This team is built for the playoffs? What makes you say that and what evidence do you have to support that? We can’t even make the playoffs.

Just by the kinds of players that Benning always targets. Garlund and Meyers are examples. He is always thinking in that western conference playoff mindset imo

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

Lines shuffled a little in practice today.....

Lotto line

Pearson -  Bo - Hogz

Podz - Dickinson - Garland

Bailey - Lammikko - Chiasson

Petan

the one line thta needs to  be shuffled stays together

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

After 7 games:

Quinn Hughes:  6 points  +2

Cale Makar:  6 points  -10

Just sayin...

Which illustrates the true value of OEL to us.   He and Myers now take on the brunt of the defense against other teams' top lines, leaving Hughes to handle somewhat lesser skilled guys while still getting his points on the Powerplay (just checked, and even more impressive .... 3 pp points, all assists, and 3 ev points, including both his goals).  He's been on ice for 6 ev goals for, and 4 against.  Time on ice per game 26.18 mins (Two O/T games).  Has drawn 1 penalty and taken 4

QH intangibles:  2 hits, 6 blocked shots, 4 giveaways, 2 takeaways 

Makar also has 2 goals and 4 assists, both goals being ev, with 2 ev assists, so 2 pp assists. He has been on the ice for 7 ev for, and 16 against, giving him a -9.  In addition, he was on the PP when a shortie was scored (counts against +/-), so is a net -10. Time on ice per game 25.01 mins (One O/T game).  Inverse of QH, has drawn 4 penalties and taken 1

CM intangibles:  8 hits, 5 blocked shots, 4 giveaways, 3 takeaways 

But so far, on a head-to-head basis, QH is running away with this matchup

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Wow.  I'm a little embarrassed at how many of our fans have given up on our team (not built for the playoffs, not built for the regular season - dual personality disorder in other posts/threads it's all the coaching staff other wise we'd be winning!).   Let me remind you of a stupid team that beat us after our cup run...back to back presidents trophies! Favourites AGAIN going into the first round ... all we had to beat was the lowly , barely made it into the playoffs, LA.    What happened?   Quick did a similar job that Thomas did, and they won a cup as a bubble team.    Then they missed the playoffs.   Then they freaking did it again!!   Completely ruined my dialogue that it was a total fluke.   Still believe it was really.   

In other words - LA ... proved that any team can win the cup these days.   Dallas....MTL and others proved that you can make the final too.   It really is a game of inches.  We aren't getting "blown out".   It's not like last year.    At least so far.    Glad the ones running the team also have perspective.    

All i want is some more reps in the playoff before writing this team off.   Early 90's Canucks had it going back to 89.   Almost beat a top 13 or so team all-time, better ranked then the 94 Rangers...who also made the cut as a top 25 all-time team.   2011 Boston?  Nowhere to be seen in those rankings. 

We can beat teams.   Give it time.  Not enough yet to be jumping of cliffs or pulling out pitchforks. 

Some fans are unseasoned and need to see the big picture and how tough it is to win a professional sports championship.

Others have been here for the long haul, but attribute a "history" to this team that goes beyond their involvement here and fail to recognize that "this" team isn't responsible for 50 years of no cup.  You have to clean the slate with new personnel in the line up - give them TIME to write THEIR history.

I've learned to have patience....Lions were 0-5 in an 18 game season when they won the cup.  I was there to watch it all unfold....long after many fans had trashed the team and abandoned ship.

I do get the frustration, it's warranted.  But take a breathe and allow time to heal those wounds.

A season is long in the NHL, we need to pace ourselves.  LET'S GO CANUCKS!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Wow.  I'm a little embarrassed at how many of our fans have given up on our team (not built for the playoffs, not built for the regular season - dual personality disorder in other posts/threads it's all the coaching staff other wise we'd be winning!).   Let me remind you of a stupid team that beat us after our cup run...back to back presidents trophies! Favourites AGAIN going into the first round ... all we had to beat was the lowly , barely made it into the playoffs, LA.    What happened?   Quick did a similar job that Thomas did, and they won a cup as a bubble team.    Then they missed the playoffs.   Then they freaking did it again!!   Completely ruined my dialogue that it was a total fluke.   Still believe it was really.   

In other words - LA ... proved that any team can win the cup these days.   Dallas....MTL and others proved that you can make the final too.   It really is a game of inches.  We aren't getting "blown out".   It's not like last year.    At least so far.    Glad the ones running the team also have perspective.    

All i want is some more reps in the playoff before writing this team off.   Early 90's Canucks had it going back to 89.   Almost beat a top 13 or so team all-time, better ranked then the 94 Rangers...who also made the cut as a top 25 all-time team.   2011 Boston?  Nowhere to be seen in those rankings. 

We can beat teams.   Give it time.  Not enough yet to be jumping of cliffs or pulling out pitchforks. 

8 games into the season 4 points out of first place. It's truly a pathetic time we live in.

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

8 games into the season 4 points out of first place. It's truly a pathetic time we live in.

It’s not the fact that’s it’s early and they have time. It’s the process. They have looked awful. It’s not a good brand of hockey to watch. Long stretches without a shot, a shot and at home where the game before you played just as bad. You don’t come out on fire. We have seen this story before. We shouldn’t be slow out of the gate every game, getting scored on first. It’s the process and it looks bad right now. How about setting the tone in a game. Come out angry. The next game is going to tell a lot about this team.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1