The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Eichel and 2023 3rd to Vegas for Tuch, Krebs, 2022 1st, and 2023 2nd

qwijibo

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Well, considering Eichel will probably be even more injury prone now than tuch, that's probably all he is worth at this point . Not a bad return considering the situation imo

Hopefully he does. Was really hoping they traded more. Took this long to be an average trade 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Up until this season his attendance has been pretty good, so I'm not sure where you're getting that.

But yup. Tuch is a legit player, a 1st rd pick is a 1st rd pick, and Krebs would immediately be the best prospect in our pool if we're not counting Podz any more.

Krebs? :lol: The guy is a bustaroo bonsai.  Craperolla.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

A late first, Tuch who’s always injured as well and Krebs? Really!??

:huh:

2017-18: 78 out of 82 games played

2018-19: 74 out of 82 games played

2019-20: 42 out of 82 games played

2020-21: 55 out of 56 games played

I guess you could say he's always injured if he misses a minimum of 1 game per season... lol

Just now, HKSR said:

I guess you could say he's always injured if he misses a minimum of 1 game per season... lol

Maybe I got that part wrong haha! Second year outta 3 years hes injured I guess

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Tuch is way more value than Pearson. More like Garland. Podkolzin/Krebs probably pretty similar. 

Tuch is exactly what JT Miller was in Tampa before we traded for him.  A role player that has way more upside than what his numbers show.  Tuch will be a 70 to 80pt player if provided Top-6 opportunities and more ice time.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Concussions and shoulder injuries alter how guys play.  Tuch is in that area of his career where his injury history will definitely effect his game.  And he's a guy who needs to play a heavy game, or he's kind of useless.  

I hope this blows up in the Knights face. They have always bugged me and it seems they pushed in all their chips. This will be a most interesting trade to evaluate about middle of next season. If Eichel can get healthy and come back to be a difference maker this season I would be surprised. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Concussions and shoulder injuries alter how guys play.  Tuch is in that area of his career where his injury history will definitely effect his game.  And he's a guy who needs to play a heavy game, or he's kind of useless.  

Good thing Tuch didn't have a concussion then lol.  He seems fine after the shoulder surgery too... still at his usual 50pt pace.

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Good thing Tuch didn't have a concussion then lol.  He seems fine after the shoulder surgery too... still at his usual 50pt pace.

Definitely a history of Concussions with Tuch.  Now shoulder surgery.  He plays heavy, or he is useless.  He could be cooked.  

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/no-suspension-for-jets-lowry-for-hit-on-tuch

Edited by Alflives

At first blush I thought the Sabres didn’t get enough. What they get now will help a roster that has been doing much better than expected. Add some first rounders and whatever they work out to be.  Moving Eichel let’s them move on. The deal was obviously the best out there. Buffalo is building up quite a stable of young talent.

Most of the risk in this deal is on Vegas. To much time at the roulette wheel IMHO. Their doctors must have been happy with the prognosis but Eichel hasn’t even had his surgery yet. This deal could blow up in their faces. 

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Definitely a history of Concussions with Tuch.  Now shoulder surgery.  He plays heavy, or he is useless.  He could be cooked.  

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/no-suspension-for-jets-lowry-for-hit-on-tuch

"The hit sent Tuch off for concussion testing, and he never did return to the game.

Making things even more dicey for Lowry was the fact he’d just come back from a two-game suspension for boarding Calgary’s Oliver Kylington at the outdoor game in Regina last weekend.

The hit on Tuch appeared much less egregious, even if the resulting injury was more serious. It wasn’t from behind and Tuch’s head was not the initial point of contact, although Lowry’s arm did catch Tuch on the jaw."

He didn't get a concussion.  His extended time off was for his shoulder.  He came back after surgery and played at his usual 50pt pace and still played his usual heavy game.  I'd say he's fine.

So vegas will slip him onto the LTIR and then bring him back on day one of the playoffs? This is kucherov 2.0.

I'm hoping the league can close up this cap circumvention loop hole in the future. I would like a rule that a player has to play at least 20 regular season games (AHL or NHL) in order to be eligible for the stanley cup playoffs. I mean come on, kucherov couldn't play all year but miraculously could play game 1 and look healthier than any other player in the league... but of course he couldn't play any regular season games, he wasn't ready.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

At first blush I thought the Sabres didn’t get enough. What they get now will help a roster that has been doing much better than expected. Add some first rounders and whatever they work out to be.  Moving Eichel let’s them move on. The deal was obviously the best out there. Buffalo is building up quite a stable of young talent.

Most of the risk in this deal is on Vegas. To much time at the roulette wheel IMHO. Their doctors must have been happy with the prognosis but Eichel hasn’t even had his surgery yet. This deal could blow up in their faces. 

Yes. Fully agree. Just players, picks, it seems a loss for the Sabres. But we can't undervalue the risk here. Sabres retained zero dollars and that's a big deal for the risk here. Eichel could return and if he isn't "Eichel", that's one ugly contract. 

• Upvote 1