The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars | Nov 7, 2021 7 PM PDT | *Warning! May Contain Power Plays*

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

Can you decline a powerplay in the NHL?

If no, do you have to put 5 guy one the ice? maybe 4 on 4 gives us a better scoring chance, its more like OT. I wish I were kidding.

They have actually looked better at 4 on 4 than on the PP. 

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not to mention our poor powerplay has contributed to those numbers. If he was on a team with just a decent powerplay things would be much different.

Or one that can generate 2nd assists for him at 5 on 5. Those pts are missing as well. 

OEL has been fine. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, captainhorvat said:

I will never understand how Jason King is an upgrade over Newell Brown it’s like hiring a coach from Dollarama…

Dollarama has better sriachia (from Thailand) sauce than the US stuff at grocery stores. 

Just saying. 

King though is bland...no kick. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Nothing worse than watching our guys have a lane to the net or even an odd man rush only to turn back and wait for our powerplay to set up.

If you’ve got a play off the rush go for it! Don’t turn back just so you can pass it around the perimeter and lose the puck.

yeah. Just drive it to the net.

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Gonna make a bold prediction here. We'll be okay 5v5, but our horrifyingly bad special teams are going to cost us the game. Also, we'll give up the first goal and our faceoff percentage will be horrendous.

Crazy, I know.

tea party GIF by CBS

Looks like a couple powerplay goals against as well. 

55 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

I will never understand how Jason King is an upgrade over Newell Brown it’s like hiring a coach from Dollarama…

Brown is put in the column of $1 in Dillarama, while King is put in the $2 column. There is a big difference.

• Templeton Peck changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars | Nov 7, 2021 7 PM PDT | *Warning! May Contain Power Plays*
55 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

They have actually looked better at 4 on 4 than on the PP. 

Solution to pp/pk problem...take a penalty 2 seconds into every powerplay.  Gives us no powerplay time but also increases the pk's chances of killing the penalty off to improve our pk percentage.  Brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The bottom line is that King’s teams are stinking up the joint and in the professional leagues you don’t get a lot of rope.  

That said, he’s inherited a PP that’s been clunky for a few years despite having some high end parts and he’s missing his best PK’ers in Sutter and Motte.  Still gotta improve in a hurry.

• Cheers 1