The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche l Thursday, Nov. 11/21 l 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

8 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

ah finally gameday....theres been some fun games against the avs so im looking forward to it and wht might be a W since it looks to me like the team is improving towards its "normal" potential. Lets get the W and continue our point streak... :towel:

Right on! Let's get a huge W tonight! If we could gain a point that'd great, but if we can win outright in regulation, even better

Trying to stay positive with the team...

posing ice hockey GIF by NHL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Marchand is just brutal. 

But when he plays for team Canada, everyone will love him. LOL. The nature of sports. 

Hate the most annoying player, but once he's on our team, he's our annoying little rat. 

With that being said, I still don't like the guy as a player. He's playing his role (whatever it is) to a tee, though. 

Just the way it goes.  Happened back when we got Tiger in '79.  Ya hate 'em until they are on your team and succeed.

Marchand is quite the slimeball, but since the licking seems to be in the past, I might have to grade Kadri as worse.

10 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Just the way it goes.  Happened back when we got Tiger in '79.  Ya hate 'em until they are on your team and succeed.

Marchand is quite the slimeball, but since the licking seems to be in the past, I might have to grade Kadri as worse.

I hope Kadri doesn't do something stupid tonight and injures one of our players. 

• Wat 1

11 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

still can't cross the border due to vaccination status

Hopefully that's resolved soon. But Hamonic playing in Abby to get up to game speed, and just needing games to play in will be good. 

Does anyone know if he's gotten his vaccinations already? 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Hopefully that's resolved soon. But Hamonic playing in Abby to get up to game speed, and just needing games to play in will be good. 

If he was fully vaccinated he would be travelling with the team.  

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Definitely had one, just about to/just had his second. So should be good by the next road trip.

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

flowers GIFMy Grandad fought in Dieppe, North Africa, Italy and Germany.   He's my hero.   Same with my Dad.   The greatest generation made the world we live in a brighter place for the war babies, baby boomers, gen x, and all the rest.   We owe them our gratitude for even being able to watch NHL games right now possibly.   And a huge shout out for all those NHLers in Canada and the US that took off their skates, and went and fought for the freedoms we enjoy today. But especially my Grandad.  A real hero.  

Thanks for sharing. My Great-grandpa served in World War I as a motorcycle officer that delivered messages to the front lines to the commanders. He was in a squad of about 20 and he was the only survivor.  Veterans really are the bravest of them all.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I don't know if I'd want him on my team. But he's a winner. A rat he is, but he's a Stanley Cup Champion Rat. 

You misspelt that; according to his tattoo, he's a Stanley Cup Champian.

Marchand admitted that when he got a "Stanley Cup Champions" tattoo over the summer, the tattoo artist originally misspelled "Champions" (substituting an "a" for the "o").

Brad Marchand Admits 'Stanley Cup Champions' Tattoo Was Originally  Misspelled as 'Champians' - NESN.com

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

My great Uncle drove a tank in North Africa. He survived, unfortunately the rest his crew did not. RIP to them all and thank you.

North Africa! That's part of the war that I don't hear much about. 

Both of my grandfathers died in WWII so I never had a chance to meet them. 

3 minutes ago, Rubik said:

31st PP% for the Avalanche, 31st PK for the Canucks... something's gotta give

OOF. 

31 percent. Damn, Canucks better stay out of the box tonight or the game could get ugly. 

Hoping Demko is sharp tonight.