The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche l Thursday, Nov. 11/21 l 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

5 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

I thought the canucks would actually be good this year. 

I cant blame benning. He made changes in the off season that, on paper, improved the team drastically. 

I like green but never bum gardener. Somethings gotta change though, and you cant trade a whole team. 

Gotta do what you gotta do. 

The pk was not improved. It was seen as a weak spot. I love how people want to look pass the fact he didn’t improve the team in that area but actually made it worse. There are still holes in terms of a real power forward and depth. That’s on Benning.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Do we let Halak play the second and third period and then let Demko play in the back-to-back games on the weekend? I would consider it.

I think folding the tent this early sends the wrong message. that's a move that a team with an established winning culture can pull, not one that a struggling team can justify. 

Fire Green and keep Benning.  He deserves an real  NHL coach, not the rookies hires he made in last 8 years.  If a NHL coach comes in and start winning and miss the playoffs, I think we should keep Benning but if we hired a new coach and losing streak is still ongoing, it's time to let Benning go.  IT is only fair.

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

As discussed in the summer, the defence is weak sauce 

Benning is bad at constructing a good D corp. We get rid of Tanev and we keep hiring weak defenders to somehow replace him. We should have kept Tanev and added someone like Larsson or Savard to the group. Instead we are fiddling with Poolman, Schenn, Boroughs etc. We already knew Myers was a liability and Benning just keeps adding more liability to our defense. We dont have any good defensive dman.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So what now?

Fire the coaches and see if the team rallies? 

I'm more concerned if JB gets turfed.

Who do we keep? Who do we trade?

Tank for Wright? 

I’m hoping if they get a new coach that they play like everyone expected. The longer this is delayed, the less likely we make the playoffs

Second will be telling.  Will the team come out with intensity, or will they just continue to do lazy turns, pull up on their hits, etc.  If it's the later, I hope it's a blow out and absolute embarrassment.  I'd be happy at this point with a descent push back showing some emotion..

6 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

I thought the canucks would actually be good this year. 

I cant blame benning. He made changes in the off season that, on paper, improved the team drastically. 

I like green but never bum gardener. Somethings gotta change though, and you cant trade a whole team. 

Gotta do what you gotta do. 

I politely disagree.

They sucked on paper going g into the season. The defense absolutely blows and was not set up to succeed.

Benning tried to fix a mistake with the OEL/Garland deal.

The GM sucks on paper and statistically.

Edited by Chris12345

23 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I’ve defended Petey this szn but that was pathetic.

I understand that a lot of people do not wish for this forum to become excessively negative. However just look at the Pettersson apologists in the Pettersson thread. Pettersson is slow and weak. His lack of physical preparation during the summer is indefensible. Look at how physically challenged Hughes and Rathbone are. Yet both smaller defencemen are sturdier than Pettersson.

Edited by Maddogy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

1st round pick gonna be traded again to save Benning's job.. I mean season. 

This season is going to go one of two ways.  If we do well, we won't be making any significant additions.  If we are out of the playoff picture, coaching will be fired and guys like Miller, Hamonic and Halak will be dangled to see what we can get. 

Benning's not trading the 1st round pick this year.  He hasn't done any panic moves to save his job before, so don't expect him to start now.