The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche l Thursday, Nov. 11/21 l 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

4 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

I understand that a lot of people do not wish for this forum to become excessively negative. However just look at the Pettersson apologists in the Pettersson thread. Pettersson is slow and weak. His lack of physical preparation during the summer is indefensible. Look at how physically challenged Hughes and Rathbone are. Yet both smaller defencemen are sturdier than Pettersson.

It looks to me that Pettersson doesn't care right now. There's zero intensity.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Our defense has been the strong point this season.  To me it's all the forwards that absolutely stinking up the joint.  Look at our top line, absolute tire fire out there. 

This is on the coach, not the GM. 

Polietly disagree again.

40 should have been at camp. Why was there a cap crunch? It's an $80m payroll (ish). That's easy to manage.

Literally managing an NHL payroll is child's play.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Like 1

Just now, runtzguy said:

Maybe we are just not as good as we thought we are. The playoff run we had might have been an outlier. It looks more and more like last year's team is the true representation of the canucks and not the playoff run canucks

maybe if Petersson doesnt turn it around this season, we have to trade him next season for someone who we can rely on. I would keep Horvat, Miller, Hughes, Garland, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Demko and OEL. Just build around those guys and trade the rest. That is the last option if the new coach we hire doesnt work which would be anyday now. Its a matter of when Green gets fired not If.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with the offensive talent on this team... there is plenty of skill in the top six.

Pettersson/Miller/Boeser/Horvat/Pearson plus either Garland/Hoglander have plenty of talent.

Demko is an elite goalie in the making... Halak is a decent backup.

The D has in OEL, Myers and Hughes, three decent defenseman.  The other four options are #7's.

The bottom six has Podkolzin and Garland/Hoglander. (whichever is not playing top six)

The rest are cr*p.

This is good enough of a roster to put the team in the mid range of the league... i.e. making the playoffs.

The problem is the team is being coached without imagination or discipline and without any kind of a recognizable system.

Until the team gets a new set of coaches, it will continue to struggle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Wow the aves broadcasters called us canuckleheads for his parents and all us Canada bcers 

like wut

although I’m watching away feeds as much as possible. Find it an interesting way to watch games.

and I’m really sick of JG for colour. Can’t stand him. Either says Yes, or talks about when he was a goalie or food. 

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Every part of Peteys game has declined big time. This is a very important year for the franchise and he has to produce nightly to justify that salary. If this year keeps going the way it is? Next year might be worse. 

Agreed.  Adding to that frustration was his comments as though the team was holding him back.  Remember his back checking in seasons past, now he takes a couple of strides and glides putting out his stick to "try" and cut lanes.  At this point if he wants to be on a winning team, we will need to trade him to a leading AHL team.  

I hope he can find his game again...

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

This season is going to go one of two ways.  If we do well, we won't be making any significant additions.  If we are out of the playoff picture, coaching will be fired and guys like Miller, Hamonic and Halak will be dangled to see what we can get. 

Benning's not trading the 1st round pick this year.  He hasn't done any panic moves to save his job before, so don't expect him to start now. 

You clearly haven't been paying attention.  

1 minute ago, Maddogy said:

J.B. made the summer trade for the core players. The core players did not return the favour. J.B. does not owe them anymore.

Yeah, I'm having trouble looking at Boeser and justifying that he's a 7.5 million/year player.  

We'll see what happens here, this has been the worst 1st period for us this season.  Avs absolutely dominated us and some of it has to be given as credit to them.  

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Unfortunately even with a new coach it can take some time for the team to adjust to different styles of play. It won't be an instant change of play. It will take time. It would be necessary. This season might be a wash again.

Yeah, but atleast, it might give players some sense of urgency (?).