The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Riley Sheahan

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

OK so decent size, good on face offs, free..... 

It looks like he can win a good amount. Only this season it seems where his face offs have dipped below 50 %. I don’t see how we can’t put a claim on him. Out of all the waiver fodder this season this guy actually moves my needle for wanting to pick up a cast off.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, hockeyking said:

He's the top penalty killer on seattle, buffallo, edmonton so I would claim him and play him on the fourth line over baily or downling. 

If they're going to fire Benning or Green this weekend you can bet they won't scoop him up.  
Agreed though that getting him would be so beneficial to the team's PK (drop Dickinson to the 2nd PK and take Lammikko off of it outright, maybe even send to minors).

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Guys had 5 different teams in 4 years... now can't make the SEATTLE KRAKEN TEAM... I feel like it's embarrassing to say that we need him... 

24% ozone starts, I am actually curious how they are even utilizing him. Poor guy has worse deployment than Beagle did here. At least one third of his starts were ozone. Given the dumb decisions Seattle has made so far I wouldn't doubt them dropping the ball here.

8 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Guys had 5 different teams in 4 years... now can't make the SEATTLE KRAKEN TEAM... I feel like it's embarrassing to say that we need him... 

There's a caveat to saying he can't crack the Kraken though, as their bottom six is arguably stronger than their top six. 

• Cheers 2

56 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

There's a caveat to saying he can't crack the Kraken though, as their bottom six is arguably stronger than their top six. 

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Blackwell returning to take Sheahan's spot.

This; and while Blackwell was gone they slotted Sheahan as their top PK C (and they were top-5 in league PK at the start of the month).
If we can pry a primary member of that group for ourselves I think we should.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

If they're going to fire Benning or Green this weekend you can bet they won't scoop him up.  
Agreed though that getting him would be so beneficial to the team's PK (drop Dickinson to the 2nd PK and take Lammikko off of it outright, maybe even send to minors).

Wouldn't a Green firing improve the chance of a claim as likely he wouldn't be allowed to veto the move in order to keep the AHL trash he loves in the lineup?

4 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Yet, that's where we find ourselves.

Clutching at anyone that might be our saviour.