The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Thinking, maybe the Rangers don't want to trade Lafreniere or Kakko...

RD - Braden Schneider

I like the target. We need a guy like him badly with room to blossom. 

But guessing they would indeed be keen to move one or perhaps both. Neither have really impressed. 

Lafreniere is also caught in a jam for his position time.

Schneider, Lafreniere.

Miller. Straight up. They get their guy on fire and are already familiar with him. We get two guys who may hit big or may be just average in the end. Risk ought to be worth something.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I mean JR is probably looking at a lot of trade scenarios.

If we trade Boeser too we’re also gonna need wingers.

Wingers are probably easier to find and acquire than C’s and D. Particularly RHD. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Not that long ago Kravstov was considered one of the best players not in the NHL.

Still has a ton of upside IMO.

Do you think having Podz might mitigate some of Kratsov being a flight risk?

He's supposed to be extremely talented, and so long as Schneider is included in any NYR trade I'm willing to be flexible regarding what else comes back. Though I'd prefer we grab another 1st too.

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Thinking, maybe the Rangers don't want to trade Lafreniere or Kakko, because they're both super high draft picked prospects, but they offer this package instead for JT Miller.

RW - Vitali Kravtsov

RD - Braden Schneider

1st (2022)

Does VAN take it?  

I think they'd have to seriously consider it, especially of they plan on moving Boeser.

Scrolled up one page. 

Absolutely nothing in here is worth what Miller is to the Canucks youth experience.

Being exposed to such a hungry hockey heart, day in day out, makes everyone else that much hungry.

They grow on the same one and only tree that births hockey heroes.

Instead of businessing, consider the view of Miller scoring the game winner in a Stanley Cup final game.

And you know he can.

You don’t think Miller is enjoying playing under a clout of NHL heavies that won Cups?

He’s in heaven right now. He’s not going anywhere. All the right people know it.

Signed,

Förtpoyndts Autoff Wildkäärd

Edited by Me_

On 1/29/2022 at 7:39 PM, Provost said:

I am assuming someone wearing a Toronto sweater wrote this?

Miller is outscoring every one of their forwards and he is doing it at half the cap hit of their “stars”.  He isn’t getting traded for a middle six forward and some middling prospects.

We are also almost certainly going to ask for a defenceman in return and other potential partners have those.

Those homers are so clueless in Flamingo land. :picard: I've been watching them turn out these articles all year. Probably about 10 and they're always trying to trade Dermitt and Holl. Haaa haaa. As if.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:37 PM, Warhippy said:

If we're talking a Hughes only putting up .2 ppg sure

Lafrennier is not even .3 ppg.  Schneider isn't even in the NHL as a regular.

Hughes was a near ppg dedenceman in his rookie year and every year since at a .7 ppg average

Food for thought

Hughes was the compariable Laffy and Byram in that scenario, Byram has 11 point in 19 games and Lafreniere is a recent 1st overall pick playing down the line up. Even if he isnt putting up huge points he still has tons of value at the moment due to his pedigree and potential. 

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Hughes was the compariable Laffy and Byram in that scenario, Byram has 11 point in 19 games and Lafreniere is a recent 1st overall pick playing down the line up. Even if he isnt putting up huge points he still has tons of value at the moment due to his pedigree and potential. 

Tell me more about pedigree potential and stuff knowing we drafted virtanen who was scoring better than Laffy at this stage or juolevi

Russo reporting Greenway is getting an extension.

So if Minny is a legit landing spot, that's one piece off the table.

That leaves Fiala and Rossi, at least when it comes to NHL ready chips.

Edited by kanucks25

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Tell me more about pedigree potential and stuff knowing we drafted virtanen who was scoring better than Laffy at this stage or juolevi

That pedigree fades over time, but i think it is still too early to write off Laffy. His draft year looked like this two years ago:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Personality of the year??  That seals it for me.  Bring on Laffy!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Thinking, maybe the Rangers don't want to trade Lafreniere or Kakko, because they're both super high draft picked prospects, but they offer this package instead for JT Miller.

RW - Vitali Kravtsov

RD - Braden Schneider

1st (2022)

Does VAN take it?  

To be honest, I would take that.  Miller has been great, but we need to remember, that with Miller's performance and drive we are still a .500 team.  Not his fault, but we need more pieces to make this work.  If Pettersson and Bo are our two core C's moving forward, then this package will help close two gaps and then we have flexibility to draft another potential piece for the future + save some money to fill a gap in FA.  Definitely feels pretty good having the following for many years: 

Podkolzin Pettersson Kravtsov

Garland Horvat Boeser

and 

Hughes Myers

OEL Schneider

Rathbone Poolman

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Russo reporting Greenway is getting an extension.

So if Minny is a legit landing spot, that's one piece off the table.

That leaves Fiala and Rossi, at least when it comes to NHL ready chips.

Erikson Ek would fit the bill too.  And Addison is the young RHD we would need added to a Minn trade.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12

1 minute ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Erikson Ek would fit the bill too.  And Addison is the young RHD we would need added to a Minn trade.

Doubt they have any interest in moving EE. He's signed long-term @ a good number throughout his prime.

Addison would/should be like the 3rd most valuable piece of a potential trade to Minny.

13 hours ago, Me_ said:

Scrolled up one page. 

Absolutely nothing in here is worth what Miller is to the Canucks youth experience.

Being exposed to such a hungry hockey heart, day in day out, makes everyone else that much hungry.

They grow on the same one and only tree that births hockey heroes.

Instead of businessing, consider the view of Miller scoring the game winner in a Stanley Cup final game.

And you know he can.

You don’t think Miller is enjoying playing under a clout of NHL heavies that won Cups?

He’s in heaven right now. He’s not going anywhere. All the right people know it.

Signed,

Förtpoyndts Autoff Wildkäärd

Miller has all but said trade me to a contender while you can. We have nothing against Vancouver but my family and I are out of here as soon as possible.

He's as good as gone. We're just waiting for the best deal. Lol sorry to break it to you but you'll be thanking me in 3 years.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Addison would be a good add, but Schneider would be a much better piece.  He adds some size and physicality on top of good puck moving.  He actually has some OEL similarities in his play and think he would be a much bigger piece than we think.  If we can add a high end forward and a 1st on top of Schneider, we should move on that as soon as we can.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Miller has all but said trade me to a contender while you can. We have nothing against Vancouver but my family and I are out of here as soon as possible.

He's as good as gone. We're just waiting for the best deal. Lol sorry to break it to you but you'll be thanking me in 3 years.

Link?