The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

12 hours ago, wildcam said:

Yes both Miller and Horvat can negotiate extension this summer...

Well, I expect Horvat to sign an extension, and Miller, if he’s not dealt this trade deadline, I kind of feel like there’s a 50/50 chance he’d sign, if he doesn’t, then it’s clear indication that he’s going to be moved. 

This summer is a critical one for the franchise. Horvat, Miller and Brock. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

A unhappy Russian who wasn't good enough to play on the team, a small RHD who wasn't good enough to stick on their team and a late first rounder. Gee what could go wrong making that trade. 

The Rangers are basically saying we don't want to give up our top 5 prospects. But after that you can chose one or two:lol:

We probably won't get one of LAF or KK. Fair enough. But in no world should Schneider, Othmann or Barron for that matter be untouchables as well. 

Its funny because the Rangers are like Lundkvist has been passed on the depth chart by Schneider who will only play on the bottom pair as Fox and Trouba are never going anywhere. So the Rangers are like yeah ok we will trade the guy who we have no room for and the guy who ever wants to play for us again for your #1 C 

If WASH or PITS wanted Miller I'd stick it to the Rangers

&^@# the Rangers. 

Go to the playoffs and then get bounced. HAHAHAHA

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Codez27 said:

I agree 100%

The minimum is Schneider, 1st and one of the following kakko/laff/kravtsov.

Even then we are in the immediate interim worse. We don't win a JT miller trade this year or next. It doesn't make us better until realistically 2 years down the road, EVEN with a the massive return above. 

I can almost promise tou that both Boeser and Petey will take a fair share of the points Miller has when they get the extra space.

So if we get two quality prospects back we are winners almost immediately.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol ppl toss around lafrenier like he's a fringe nhler.. the rangers are bringing him along slowly in a 3rd line role and he has 10 goals 5v5 that would put him 2nd on this team.. and he plays 0 pp mins.. and plays less min than any of our forwards by a fair bit that have the same or more goals than him. no one is going to give u the 1st overall pick 1.5 years into a covid shortened season as a spare toss in lol. In a realistic scenario although not likely it's either Schneider or lafreniere and u aint gonna get much on top if u get a 1st or 2nd included..  Miller ain't going for a Schneider laf or kakko + kratsov and a 1st or 2nd lol.. they aint gonna give u equivalent of 4 1st rounder for Miller. Equivalent of 2 1st 1 being high end like Schneider or laf and maybe a b prospect/roster player is more realistic. 

Laugher and Crappo!  Those two are serious bustaroo bonsais.  We don’t want that craperolla.  

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If Miller is moved to NY, Schneider HAS to be coming back. No scraps this time. If they're not willing to move him, the Rags can go &^@# themselves.

Even if we make a trade and get Schneider the Rangers can go &^@# themselves along with every other NY based team. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Even if we make a trade and get Schneider the Rangers can go &^@# themselves along with every other NY based team. 

Literally any other team in the metro division to ensure Miller stomps the rags 10 years a year + playoffs

At this point it is looking like the Pens, Canes or Caps.

Make it a mess of picks and a couple prospects.  Picks for 2-3 years out of spite, a lesser deal JUST to burn the rags

Edited by Warhippy
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol ppl toss around lafrenier like he's a fringe nhler.. the rangers are bringing him along slowly in a 3rd line role and he has 10 goals 5v5 that would put him 2nd on this team.. and he plays 0 pp mins.. and plays less min than any of our forwards by a fair bit that have the same or more goals than him. no one is going to give u the 1st overall pick 1.5 years into a covid shortened season as a spare toss in lol. In a realistic scenario although not likely it's either Schneider or lafreniere and u aint gonna get much on top if u get a 1st or 2nd included..  Miller ain't going for a Schneider laf or kakko + kratsov and a 1st or 2nd lol.. they aint gonna give u equivalent of 4 1st rounder for Miller. Equivalent of 2 1st 1 being high end like Schneider or laf and maybe a b prospect/roster player is more realistic. 

If you think Pettersson and Boeser frustrate the heck out of Canuck fans Lafreniere is gonna give fans in the Lower Mainland stomach ulcers. 

31 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

If you think Pettersson and Boeser frustrate the heck out of Canuck fans Lafreniere is gonna give fans in the Lower Mainland stomach ulcers. 

Lol coz lafreniere is having the same goals production as our top 6 with 0 mins on the pp in a 3rd line role and 3/5th the ice time?

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol coz lafreniere is having the same goals production as our top 6 with 0 mins on the pp in a 3rd line role and 3/5th the ice time?

You watch many Rangers games are just stat watching? Cause the Rangers fans that watch him every night seem to echo something closer to the original poster.

8 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

You watch many Rangers games are just stat watching? Cause the Rangers fans that watch him every night seem to echo something closer to the original poster.

Watched enough of him in juniors and team canada juniors and a few rangers game earlier in the seasons. He was mostly playing on the 3rd and 4th line role the last 2 season until recently got promoted to play with zib and kreider due to injuries and have done ok. Personally I want to see him play with a playmaker like panarin but that never happened... and he plays limited mins on a sad looking pp2 line with Goodrow and chtyl not exactly a line that's built for offense. Honestly I don't even know what the Rangers were planning with lafreniere in the NHL if they were gonna stick him on a 3rd or 4th line role that basically doesn't utilize his skillset.. might as well let him grow in the juniors or AHL.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Personally I don’t want either of Lafreniere or Kakko in a Nux jersey. 
If we were to acquire I would hope we repackage elsewhere for someone/something else. Not sold on either yet, myself. We already have enough of that type of player. 

Stack the D first!

• Upvote 1

Can this just happen already so we can move on?

Miller for Schneider, Kravtsov, and a 1st

Boeser plus something for Carlo and Senyshyn

Zacha, Bahl, and a 2023 1st for Garland and Rathbone

Dicksenson, Pearson, Poolman, and Hamonic for whatever.

Extra cap space for some pieces in the summer.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1