The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

36 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Will tomorrow be the day we acquire Laf and Schneider.

No, and not on the basis that such offer doesn't exist, but from today's lateral move while saving a little cap space, it most likely means Management / Ownership wants to retool rather than properly rebuild... seen this story a million times, and guess we're right back at it, just with a different guy executing Aqua's vision.

Looks like Vancouver will do everything to re-sign Miller this off-season.  Only way I see Miller traded is if he clearly informs Management this summer he isn't coming back.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Agreed that his is value will go down slightly after the TDL simply because the team acquiring him loses a year (more like a playoff season really) of club controlled cost.  Nevertheless his value will still be higher than any pending UFA - especially if he keeps up this torrid pace to the end.

That said ive never been in camp where I feel we need to rob the other team blind in order to get a trade done.  My personal belief is that JT is at his career peak right now, and maybe he stays there for 1-3 seasons,  but he absolutely will inevitably decline.   I'd be happy with the equivalent of a 1st, a young stud blue-chip roster d-man, and an exceptional blue-chip non-roster forward. 

@aGENT gets credit here but…. 1st, Barron, Newhook would be a nice package if we moved him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

50 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

No, and not on the basis that such offer doesn't exist, but from today's lateral move while saving a little cap space, it most likely means Management / Ownership wants to retool rather than properly rebuild... seen this story a million times, and guess we're right back at it, just with a different guy executing Aqua's vision.

Looks like Vancouver will do everything to re-sign Miller this off-season.  Only way I see Miller traded is if he clearly informs Management this summer he isn't coming back.

Apples and Oranges. The last time we re tooled when we should have rebuilt properly our core was in their mid to late 30s.

These guys are young. Re tooling is the right thing to do

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

This season,  maybe next season , but this is the limit, the ceiling. Miller will never equal the point totals he will record in his next 82 games in any point in his remaining career. If a first rounder or Lafrenier or Kako are available, I would take the deal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, T.Demko said:

how many times does management need to say, in plain english, "I don't think this team needs a rebuild" for people to actually listen?

apparently mentioning it in every single interview they do isn't getting the point across. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am heading to the airport in the early morning… anyone I need to give a lift?  Miller?  Boeser?  Halak?  Myers?  Poolman?  Dickenson?

I have a minivan so I can take a couple of the boys…

Halak.  Don't even care if he's traded or not.  Get him the hell out of here.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, tas said:

how many times does management need to say, in plain english, "I don't think this team needs a rebuild" for people to actually listen?

apparently mentioning it in every single interview they do isn't getting the point across. 

Oh we get it.  We've lived it many years and JR was never a rebuild guy.  Aquaman has always been a retool guy.  Gravy for the playoffs, n'am saying?

That still doesn't mean we can't be rightfully demanding a change for the result we have witnessed for almost a decade now.

Miller value is so high it’s a sellers market 

like everything in BC 

It’s time to gouge the desperate .

we are in a position to actually retool we weren’t 8years ago we didn’t have the high value vets and top tier up and comers. 
sell high and build a CUP contender

not a  veteran capped out UFA wildcard failure. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1