The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

Ottawa seems to want to improve overnight and push for the playoffs.

They just got that new arena-land deal.  They need to sell tickets and start building for their 'new era'.  

3 minutes ago, Maginator said:

If we can get an OTTAWA first round pick for Tyler freaking Myers.. you do that 10 times out of 10. No way we get a 2023 1st in my opinion, but you never know.

Ottawa seems to want to improve overnight and push for the playoffs.

If Allvin could pull off a 2023 first + a D prospect for 2 years of Myers at 6 mill per year he could retire tomorrow and be considered the best GM in Canucks history....Even better than Smyl with his 100% winning percentage.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

7 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Apparently we’re looking to make room for JTM’s future salary…

UPDATED - Ottawa is talking to Vancouver about D Tyler Myers. He has a 10 team list as part of his NTC. Myers has 2 years left on his deal at 6M AAV. He's 32 years old and a RD. The Canucks are looking to shed dollars on their payroll for JT Miller. Ottawa would most likely have to include a 1st round pick in 2023 plus a defensive prospect I'm told. More to come.....

do it now.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

do it now.gif

Dude, they could just give us a defensive prospect and I'd be of this mindset. If they give us a 1st rounder too? We take it and run. I guess the main question is whether or not Myers would waive for Ottawa. I highly doubt he'd waive for Ottawa, but there's still hope.

• Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The dropoff between 15 and 30 is really small.  If we can get another young asset, I'd be pretty happy to trade down.

I’m okay with moving down but I wanna watch it live and dont know if I have it in me to stay awake until 7 am and not sleep at all :blink:

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Dude, they could just give us a defensive prospect and I'd be of this mindset. If they give us a 1st rounder too? We take it and run. I guess the main question is whether or not Myers would waive for Ottawa. I highly doubt he'd waive for Ottawa, but there's still hope.

With the young talent pool that Ottawa has now accumulated, they should be a pretty attractive destination for a player.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, I guess with Debrincat now traded, JT Miller is the #1 trade target, and apparently the Canucks are receiving more calls on Miller

LOL, I don’t even have to listen to 650, I’ll just wait for you to post what they’re saying. :)

• Cheers 1