The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Maybe that means Brock will take a sweet heart deal to stay here. I honestly think of any player on the team, he would be the most likely to do that. It's hard to know from the outside looking in, but I think Brock is absolutely solid dude.

I wonder if BB will sign a longer term deal (5-8 years) for 6 on the cap?  

• Cheers 1

When I read what BB's qualifying offer is 7.5 and what we think he is worth (as fans) over 6+ mill per, I am blown away that we have one of the best goalies in the league, who is only getting better, putting up insane numbers with a mediocre d-corp in front of him is absolute LARCENCY!!!!

14 minutes ago, BPA said:

Hearing on Sportsnet 650 that discussion with Boeser agent that He wants to really stay in Vancouver.  But Canucks are also doing due diligence on what Brock is worth.

I hope that’s true. He’ll need to sign a multi year deal cheaper then his QO cap number would be for the 1 year deal if he wants to stay. I just can’t see management finding good value in Boeser at 7.5 million a year.

Should mention that “what he is worth” is basically what teams are offering or willing to offer to trade for Boeser.

So if the Boeser takes a hometown discount or at a cap hit Canucks like vs what teams are offering for him.

18 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

When I read what BB's qualifying offer is 7.5 and what we think he is worth (as fans) over 6+ mill per, I am blown away that we have one of the best goalies in the league, who is only getting better, putting up insane numbers with a mediocre d-corp in front of him is absolute LARCENCY!!!!

Brock has been in the league for 5yrs.  If Demko continues to play like he is, he will make a huge $$$ with his

next contract.  It's hard to believe Brock will get $7.5 x ?  for his next contract.

21 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I hope that’s true. He’ll need to sign a multi year deal cheaper then his QO cap number would be for the 1 year deal if he wants to stay. I just can’t see management finding good value in Boeser at 7.5 million a year.

He's barely worth what's hes making, imo, if that.  

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

Maybe that means Brock will take a sweet heart deal to stay here. I honestly think of any player on the team, he would be the most likely to do that. It's hard to know from the outside looking in, but I think Brock is absolutely solid dude.

...and if so, I'd be happy to keep him here. I know he isn't super durable and he's not having the best year, but he's the kind of guy we want playing for our team - both on and off the ice. When he's on, he's a very effective player and his scoring ability outweighs his average speed and defensive acumen, imo.

If he wants to stay, his agent needs to make that clear and that they wish to negotiate an extension now before his QA becomes inevitable. I don't think he's worth 7.5 nor do I think management do either, but if he was able to do something like 6.25 for 5 years, I'd be completely on board with that.

I’m higher on Miller than Boeser. I feel Boeser types are more frequent than the Miller types.

If I have my way both remain on the team. 

Horvat, Miller, Boeser, Hughes, Pettersson, Ekman-Larson, Demko I see as core.

Everyone else I see as support. 

Not to take anything from anyone else. But those seven players, supported by the right players, win the Cup.

We saw it in the bubble. 

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

I’m higher on Miller than Boeser. I feel Boeser types are more frequent than the Miller types.

If I have my way both remain on the team. 

Horvat, Miller, Boeser, Hughes, Pettersson, Ekman-Larson, Demko I see as core.

Everyone else I see as support. 

Not to take anything from anyone else. But those seven players, supported by the right players, win the Cup.

We saw it in the bubble. 

Didnt know we had OEL during the bubble =)

33 minutes ago, hammertime said:

8 years is a long time. is Brock trending up? is he getting better with every year that passes? 

Nope. He is down this year, but I thought he was on of our better players last year. I also think he's been very unlucky this year with his shooting and his playmaking and board work is actually improved. I think he'll be a solid player in the league for the next 8 years though.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, BPA said:

Hearing on Sportsnet 650 that discussion with Boeser agent that He wants to really stay in Vancouver.  But Canucks are also doing due diligence on what Brock is worth.

Would be awesome if he did that, might also encourage others to do the same to keep the team intact. 

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

8 years is a long time. is Brock trending up? is he getting better with every year that passes? 

I think if he remains healthy, he can certainly produce. he’s only 25 years old. He’s still very young, and I can see him getting better. The part I’m most worried about is his health and his ability to remain healthy. 

I doubt boeser will sign anything long term with the Canucks this off season.. he will prolly work something out since he wanna stay in vancouver and sign a 1 year 6 6.5mil contract and hope for a better start next season to earn his payday... not sure why anyone thinks he will sign a long term contract during his worse offensive output season just to lock himself up from possibly missing out on millions each year long term.. Canucks and boeser both have no rush to sign any long term deal since he still have another rfa year after anyways.. only rush is the canucks will want to negotiate so that he would sign below his QO. Signing a 1 year for 6 6.5 make sense for boeser.. if he bounces back next year.. the Canucks either offer him his payday.. or they end up trading him.. and boeser as long as he have a decent season can take whichever team to arbitration to get more than the 6 6.5mil QO

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if BB will sign a longer term deal (5-8 years) for 6 on the cap?  

Brock at $6M AAV would be fantastic.  He's not a bad player, he's just not worth $7M+.

$6M for a 25 to 30 goal guy (still with potential to be a 35 to 40 goal guy) would be excellent value. 

That's what we need to focus on... value for the dollar.  You need guys to meet or exceed what they cost on the cap.