The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Green to be Fired

Rate this topic

Me_

2 minutes ago, Wayne Jetski said:

Meanwhile in Montreal…..

Fall Satisfying GIF by Millions

There was a brief window of time when both Gallant and Trotz were available as head coaches and management didn't budge. Missed out on both.

We're trending that way now. The pool for POHO is even thinner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No to Babs, no to Torts. Old school coaches aint going to fix squat. Babs is an abusive coach, why would anyone welcome a guy like him in the room. Modano should have his 1500th game and hearing the raving reviews from Franzen, Commodore and Chelios? Give me a break.

Alternatively, I'd give Shaw a look in the interim but keep the options open. Boudreau or Gallant would fit better, we have stars who can dish offence just no coach with that vision. Just score more than the opposing hockey team, that's all we can hope for with great goaltending

• Cheers 1

Honestly, the seasons flushed.  Wipe the whole slate clean.  If you feel it's unfair to Green then let him go and let Shaw step in.  Then get a real President of Hockey operations and let Benning go.  At that point let the President hire his own GM and they subsequently get a permanent coach.  No point in rushing hirings at this point but for the players, maybe at least a coaching change is worth it for the interim.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Thraxious said:

Honestly, the seasons flushed.  Wipe the whole slate clean.  If you feel it's unfair to Green then let him go and let Shaw step in.  Then get a real President of Hockey operations and let Benning go.  At that point let the President hire his own GM and they subsequently get a permanent coach.  No point in rushing hirings at this point but for the players, maybe at least a coaching change is worth it for the interim.

What's Linden doing?

On 11/27/2021 at 8:00 AM, rekker said:

No to Julien. Babcock please.

Disagree.  

Babcock’s presence would likely deter players from wanting to sign here.  

Who knows - maybe if we sign Claude Julien and clear some cap, we could convince Patrice Bergeron to sign here in July.  :-p

1) Move Horvat and Miller for two elite prospects.

2) Replace Green and Benning with Julien and........Mike Gillis?

3) Get someone like Shane Wright or Conor Geekie at the draft. 
4) Convince a guy like Bergeron to sign here and mentor our up coming core.

I expect big trades to occur and hope to see us trading for futures at the deadline.

But a "shake up" type trade is already out of the question - our season is done.

Fire Green, fire Benning.

For the right offer at the deadline, sell off guys like Miller, Boeser, Pearson, maybe even Petey... listen on pretty much everyone.

Let's do something we haven't done though all of Benning's tenure - gather picks. Let's head into the Draft ready to turn some heads.

I genuinely want us to put together a package in hopes of moving up to select Shane Wright, if we don't land there ourselves.

32 minutes ago, nergish said:

I expect big trades to occur and hope to see us trading for futures at the deadline.

But a "shake up" type trade is already out of the question - our season is done.

Fire Green, fire Benning.

For the right offer at the deadline, sell off guys like Miller, Boeser, Pearson, maybe even Petey... listen on pretty much everyone.

Let's do something we haven't done though all of Benning's tenure - gather picks. Let's head into the Draft ready to turn some heads.

I genuinely want us to put together a package in hopes of moving up to select Shane Wright, if we don't land there ourselves.

Wright's playing himself out of the 1OA right now.  No point in trading up for him when there are several other guys who should be as good or better, especially Jiricek and Miroshnichenko.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Probs don't see him fired til they get back to Vancouver at the earliest

We might see Benning go too now that Bergevin's gotten the boot 

What I don’t understand is why it’s taken the Canucks so long and why Montréal was so quick to dismiss their GM and AGM. 

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

What I don’t understand is why it’s taken the Canucks so long and why Montréal was so quick to dismiss their GM and AGM. 

Strong ownership willing to put egos aside and make quick decisions for the good of the franchise.  

That’s what it comes down to. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Strong ownership willing to put egos aside and make quick decisions for the good of the franchise.  

That’s what it comes down to. 

We are not a good franchise at the moment. 

We are the laughing stock of the league right now.