The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

8 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I agree with our young guys pushing BB for his spot.Plus Garland is also there wanting more and to me he is faster,better checker and keeps the puck longer.Garland is a more all rounder out player then BB.I would rather trade with Carolina the Buffalo for a RHD as they seem to better D over the last ten years playing in the NHL then Buffalo has.

2 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

If Bo is going to end up being a 3C here (behind JTM and Petey) we might us well just trade him, and for a kings ransom at that.

We need a stud RHD. He would be instrumental in making any middling (____insert name here___) forward we have here that much better.

No matter how it is spun, the "3 scoring lines", "1A/1B/1C" mantras, etc., don't fly....I can't see Bo, nor his agent being satisfied with him not being the big dog....even now, as captain, he's still not "THE GUY" like JTM, EP40, BB6 are......while all the while he's been the silent, unrequited warrior here for a long time.

....and if things were close, and with management on record as stating how much they love him, shouldn't he be signed by now? Maybe, HE wants to leave? 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sure if Dahlin becomes available.

I don’t see any teams giving up young RHD unless they’re overpaid or overrated.

My thoughts entirely DeNiro ,.   Buffalo is trying to re-face / re/ brand itself..  and they may have one legit C .. but all are young RFA’s 

C is a big weak spot in Buffalo .

20m in cap space projected with 22 of 23 on the roster with 41 of 50 contracts signed.

Jeezus ..  Myers and Horvat for

Dahlin or Powers  ?? 

Buffalo could be in need??

58 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t pretend to know who will be penciled down.

Bonuses or not they just need to maximize Ferlands LTIR.

I think they have to bite the bullet and pay to move Dickie and maybe Pearson (or expect nothing for him) to make the cap room needed for this year and to avoid bonus problems for next year. 

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think they have to bite the bullet and pay to move Dickie and maybe Pearson (or expect nothing for him) to make the cap room needed for this year and to avoid bonus problems for next year. 

They won’t be paying to dump contracts when it’s not necessary.

We need to stop obsessing over cap space. The roster fits.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

They won’t be paying to dump contracts when it’s not necessary.

We need to stop obsessing over cap space. The roster fits.

Its not obsession, mll is correct when they raise things like bonuses being carried over to next season being an issue.

I'd also like to see some cap space built up so we can potentially see a TDL move like bringing in a veteran RHD like Severson.

Just now, JM_ said:

Its not obsession, mll is correct when they raise things like bonuses being carried over to next season being an issue.

I'd also like to see some cap space built up so we can potentially see a TDL move like bringing in a veteran RHD like Severson.

I’m sure they’ve looked at the cap and figured out how to maximize Ferlands LTIR without bonus carry overs, I’m not worried about it.

Unlikely that we are able to actually build cap space or be in a position to part with high picks or prospects to acquire Severson.

I’d rather ice the best roster from the get go. Can’t worry about being deadline buyers before we even know if we’re a playoff team. If that time comes we could always sell and buy at the deadline. I’m sure Pearson would have value to a contender, then we could use his space for a D man if need be.

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It's too bad we have Dickinson, imagine if we could bring in Rodriguez for that money instead.

Even without Dickinson we're logjammed at center. Miller, Pettersson, and Horvat all should be commanding their own line. That leaves Lazar at 4th line center. Although Rodrigues would be nice if the idea is to keep Miller on Petey's line to babysit him. It's a shame Dickinson fell off so hard here. We seemingly have the worst 3rd line center luck since Manny left. Sutter became a broken man the second he became a Canuck, Gaudette was awful, Dickinson has been meh.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Even without Dickinson we're logjammed at center. Miller, Pettersson, and Horvat all should be commanding their own line. That leaves Lazar at 4th line center. Although Rodrigues would be nice if the idea is to keep Miller on Petey's line to babysit him. It's a shame Dickinson fell off so hard here. We seemingly have the worst 3rd line center luck since Manny left. Sutter became a broken man the second he became a Canuck, Gaudette was awful, Dickinson has been meh.

That's what I'm thinking, you could load up & still have a 3C that could provide some offense.

Your right about the logjam, not sure Dickinson has a spot guaranteed at all;

Podkolzin - Miller - Garland

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Hogs/Kuz

??? - Lazar - Hogs/Kuz

Then your look at Dickinson, Joshua, Lockwood, exc, competing for that last spot.

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

That's what I'm thinking, you could load up & still have a 3C that could provide some offense.

??? - Lazar - Hogs/Kuz

Then your look at Dickinson, Joshua, Lockwood, exc, competing for that last spot.

When you lay it out like that, yeah. Where does he even fit? Lol. Looks difficult to even fit Hogs into the lineup, especially with how he played last season. Nice to have some really solid forward depth. Especially seeing the solid two way guys sprinkled throughout.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

??? - Lazar - Hogs/Kuz

For the top-9 I'd want 
Pearson - Miller - Boeser (they were effective as a heavy line last year, and if we want to shed cap, might as well try to max Pearson's value to trade him)
Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin (Kuz could probably replace Miller as Pete's puck retriever, plus the Russians have a history; Pete and Pod had time together too)
Mikheyev - Horvat - Garland (speedy, two-way shutdown line; they could be hard to stop with their size, speed and tenacity)

With that said, hopefully Hoglander can come in, e.g. dislodge Mikheyev from Horvat's wing and win a spot back in the top-9.  Presuming Lazar probably plays up the middle due to handedness (with Hoglander), we could see which of Joshua (physicality) / Dickinson (sound defense) would be more useful on any given night and put a mishmash 4th line together until one comes together like it did with Motte - Lammikko - Highmore last year.  

2 hours ago, mll said:

They probably can't pencil down Kuzmenko or Podkolzin or they won't have the cap space to bring both back up.  

The cap hit for a player that gets recalled after going into LTIR is not the AAV but the AAV with the bonus.  The 7.5% bonus cushion is removed in LTIR so the bonus has to now be accounted for as part of the recall cap hit.  

Podkolzin's cap hit if he starts on the NHL roster is 925K but it's 1.775M if he gets recalled after the start of the season once they are in LTIR.

Kuzmenko 950K vs 1.8M. 

Höglander 892K vs 1.125M - they did that 2 seasons ago (the divisional season) where they papered him down and accepted the higher recall cap hit.  They would have lost more cap space otherwise.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Watch these 3 play pin ball this season with the red light flashing non stop.

Get BB to throw them out together, 5th fwd line: $925 + $950 + $892 = $2.8m and a goal a shift!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, combover said:

No but we are 2.7 mill over (cap friendly )the cap right now 

with poolman 2.5m and hoglander 900k listed as out. 
With them back we are 5 mill over. 

Poolman and Hoglander's cap hits are both currently counting against our total cap.  Shuffle whoever makes the numbers work best "down"  on paper, and put Ferland on LTIR and we're cap compliant with a 23 man roster.

We won't be accruing any cap extra cap space while in LTIR, and we lack space to go after guys like say Hague (which sucks), but we're in no dire situation to dump anyone to be compliant or anything.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’m sure they’ve looked at the cap and figured out how to maximize Ferlands LTIR without bonus carry overs, I’m not worried about it.

Unlikely that we are able to actually build cap space or be in a position to part with high picks or prospects to acquire Severson.

I’d rather ice the best roster from the get go. Can’t worry about being deadline buyers before we even know if we’re a playoff team. If that time comes we could always sell and buy at the deadline. I’m sure Pearson would have value to a contender, then we could use his space for a D man if need be.

thats probably where they're at - see where things are first, unless some deal comes along between now and camp that another team initiates 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Garland is a far better deal ,  perhaps used in a season upcoming,.  But I don’t think throne.

Like DeNiro stated a while back,. Garland draws e allies because of his hard work ethic.. those power plays have won games for us.

I kind of look at this whole right wing thing differently....................

The Canucks have Boeser, Garland, Podkolzin,  Lekkerimaki, Hoglander, Lockwood, and Klimovich

I see Podkolzin and Lekkerimaki as the 2 top 2 RWers within a year or 2

So who plays 3rd RW? .............hint, its not Boeser!

It might be all not that simple...........but

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I kind of look at this whole right wing thing differently....................

The Canucks have Boeser, Garland, Podkolzin,  Lekkerimaki, Hoglander, Lockwood, and Klimovich

I see Podkolzin and Lekkerimaki as the 2 top 2 RWers within a year or 2

So who plays 3rd RW? .............hint, its not Boeser!

It might be all not that simple...........but

Lekkerimaki won’t be ready for at least 2 years. By that time we will know if Boeser can come back and be a 30+ goal scorer. But I do agree that if everything works out we will have a glut of right wingers on the team and someone will need to go. Klimovich can also surprise and become a top 6 forward as well. 

At the end of the day our right wing prospect pool is stronger than any other position we have so I can see a RHD coming our way via a trade with one of our RW prospects or Boeser. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

??? - Lazar - Hogs/Kuz

Pearson slow-- 4th line most nights this year--

like your 1st line ..

1. Podkolzin -- Miller -  Garland

2. Kuzmenko - Petey - Boeser

3. Mikheyev -- Horvát - Hoglander

4. Pearson - Lazar. -- Dickinson -- Joshua -- Lockwood

6 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Pearson slow-- 4th line most nights this year--

like your 1st line ..

1. Podkolzin -- Miller -  Garland

2. Kuzmenko - Petey - Boeser

3. Mikheyev -- Horvát - Hoglander

4. Pearson - Lazar. -- Dickinson -- Joshua -- Lockwood

Pearson is slow but zero chance he gets put on the 4th line. Hoglander could very well end up in Abby. 

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Pearson is slow but zero chance he gets put on the 4th line. Hoglander could very well end up in Abby. 

Oh yes he will play fair bit on 4th line at least half time..against some teams he will move up..

Hoglander is injury free and ready to show his speed and skill..

New management are crying for more speed ? Went out and got one of the fastest forward Mikheyev and Hoglander fits right in..

• Vintage 1