The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

53 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I have not heard of Demkos status or a follow up of his injury for quite some time ..

sort of unrelated to moving Horvat,.  But possibly not.

If J Eichel can move through a surgery ,.  Nothing is “home safe”.

anybody?

Demko Horvat 

Rasmussen Seider

Are you suggesting canucks trade Demko?? Who would replace him then? You don’t trade an elite goalie without having another one ready to go.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I have not heard of Demkos status or a follow up of his injury for quite some time ..

anybody?

Demko Horvat 

Rasmussen Seider

They drafted Sebastian Cossa 15th overall, they aren't in the market for a goalie. I don't see why they'd trade Seider either. Hronek is a great 2nd piece, but they have nothing else beyond those 2 on D, particularly the right side. Trade doesn't make much sense for Detroit. They are only interested in Horvat if they can't workout a Larkin deal. Losing Larkin, then trading Seider for his replacement and a redundant piece just doesn't make sense.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

anybody?

Demko Horvat 

Rasmussen Seider

Seider is untouchable. No debate.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

That's 2/3rds if their 3rd line that was for the first quarter of the season the highest scoring and hardest playing 3rd like in the league.  No chance they do it but GD....I like it

As far as I can tell, Soderblom and Edvinsson are in the AHL? Rasmussen is with the Red Wings.

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

just find a way to dump bb6 and we dont have to trade horvat.  

we arent getting a player as valuable to us as horvat in any of these deals. 

This only works if Bo actually wants to stay, of which I'm highly skeptical 

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

just find a way to dump bb6 and we dont have to trade horvat.  

we arent getting a player as valuable to us as horvat in any of these deals. 

Nope but you get two that help in two spots could make the team better overall.

21 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Nope but you get two that help in two spots could make the team better overall.

I doubt any player we get in a Bo deal will be impactful. Probably a bunch of magic beans. 

Edited by rekker
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

There's zero chance we get Kasper and Edvinsson. They have a parade of LD they'd move before ever entertaining an Edvinsson trade. He'll go nicely with Seider in their top 4. They actually draft and develop their own D. Must be nice 

Oh you’re bang on i don’t think Det would let him go either but it doesn’t hurt to ask :ph34r:

the more I think about it, Detroit may be willing to deal kasper if horvat is coming back the other way especially if Larkin does end up re-signing somehow 

to det: horvat 

to van: Kasper, Rasmussen, zadina/(insert any name you want)

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Make the trade already... Horvat is cooling off now (4 goals in the last 12 games, 0 in the last 4 games), so we're likely getting less for him anyways.

Get a solid RHD prospect + 1st + bottom 6 forward and move on.

Wonder if that’s part of the reason a trade hasn’t been made yet. Teams have been waiting for Bo to slow down cuz they knew he couldn’t sustain his scoring pace. Potentially pay less. 

7 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

weird feeling that they end up signing horvat and trading Miler. Much easier to find a winger replacement than a 2nd line center. 

Got a weird feeling he’s gonna be traded to Vegas.

I expect Kaeden Korczak as one of the main pieces coming back.

Foote coached him in Kelowna. This team loves trading for players that have a connection to the coaches.

Korczak, Miromanov, Brisson, and a 1st.

1 minute ago, Boknows08 said:

Wonder if that’s part of the reason a trade hasn’t been made yet. Teams have been waiting for Bo to slow down cuz they knew he couldn’t sustain his scoring pace. Potentially pay less. 

his valuation much like Rutherford tried to explain already is not determined by one part of one season or him going on a heater. Teams know his value already 30 goals this year already or not. a hot streak or cold streak doesn't affect trade value and certainly should not affect his contract value. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Got a weird feeling he’s gonna be traded to Vegas.

I expect Kaeden Korczak as one of the main pieces coming back.

Foote coached him in Kelowna. This team loves trading for players that have a connection to the coaches.

Korczak, Miromanov, Brisson, and a 1st.

I like those pieces but think if this is for a rental it may be one piece too many...you know because I have any idea lol

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I like those pieces but think if this is for a rental it may be one piece too many...you know because I have any idea lol

Maybe, but if it’s in division I wanna make sure they squeeze them. You know Vegas is desperate to win now. They’ve gone all in.

Korczak isn’t a sexy name but he’s exactly the type of player this team needs. Throw in another Russian RHD with size and a center with some good potential.

The first might be too much but that would make it a homerun IMO.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Also could send Schenn along with Horvat since we’d be taking two of their RHD.

Having two RHD making less than 800k next season would allow us to buy out Myers if they can’t move him. The 5 million cap hit next season wouldn’t matter.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1