The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Return of Edler and the Kings Vs Boudreau lead Canucks, Dec 6th 7pm pst

Rate this topic

86Viking

2 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

And back into the same old middle of the pack play and draft picks…

Much better to tank and land a high pick who we then give a big contract to and proceed to ruin by employing terrible coaches, thus forcing us to either sell low or retain them in hopes that they can regain some semblance of what they were.

Ok I now fully expect us to pull a Blues and win the Stanley Cup this year.  If that happens, gonna kind of suck for Benning seeing as he put this team together, just was a coaching problem.  But then again he should have fired the coach two months ago.

I just hope we can start winning again...

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ABNucksfan said:

And back into the same old middle of the pack play and draft picks…

I really don't care where we pick.  Every draft has quality players throughout the first round. Whether it's 5 or 15, couldn't care less, I just want to watch a competitive team.  

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1

Looking forward to how the team will be under a more established coach. I guess Jason King was spared the ax, although I'm not quite sure why. Hopefully Boudreau and Shaw develop a good chemistry, and whomever becomes GM makes some trades to shore up and build a solid defense around Hughes.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Ok I now fully expect us to pull a Blues and win the Stanley Cup this year.  If that happens, gonna kind of suck for Benning seeing as he put this team together, just was a coaching problem.  But then again he should have fired the coach two months ago.

I just hope we can start winning again...

Bennings biggest mistake was his loyalty to the coaching staff.  This team will improve immediately.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Much better to tank and land a high pick who we then give a big contract to and proceed to ruin by employing terrible coaches, thus forcing us to either sell low or retain them in hopes that they can regain some semblance of what they were.

Teams don’t win the cup without elite players. Who on our team is elite? 

Ownership cheaps out every year on coaching and management by hiring rookies with no proven track record.

This year is lost its a deep draft whats wrong with working to get a top 5 pick? 

• Wat 1

19 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I really don't care where we pick.  Every draft has quality players throughout the first round. Whether it's 5 or 15, couldn't care less, I just want to watch a competitive team.  

75% of the last 20 cup winners has 1 or more top 5 picks on the team and legit elite players.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, BCNate said:

And thats the difference between me and you. You want to watch a competitive team. 

I want to watch the team win the cup

• RoughGame 2

Not expecting miracles but looking forward to seeing what lines are assembled tonight but moreso in upcoming games after BB gets a feel for the team he has in hand.  Most importantly, hoping the Horvat/Pearson duo is finally split up now that Green is gone.  Both of them need a change of linemates.   Should be refreshing to see what BB does with the squad and what he see's in them.   Go Canucks Go !

I don’t think Horvat gets how gravity works, or the weight of the situation, and how now.. the pressure is clearly on the players, and him as a leader…

This is Bo’s quote from today : “ "I think our team needed a spark ... but at the same time, we have to go out there and prove it now."

A spark?!? lol 

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1