The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks place Luke Schenn, Juho Lammikko on COVID-19 protocol, Both test Positive

Rate this topic

cuporbust

On 12/14/2021 at 11:26 AM, canuckspride said:

And here we go again... 

yeah I'm thinking if it starts getting worse it may involve the bubble again... ugh! If there's a positive in this and I know just a sample size of what I got to see in the bluejackets game was a few very noticable shifts by Juulsen where he stuck to his check and covered him well as the play shifted and from being heads up on a swivel, he dropped back, covered his check and never lost position for the following play. Plus he has a look about him, like ummm oh yeah, the Darcy Hordichuk look.. like I dare you.. I'd be down.

Just a mean tough 'i could F you up look" but I didn't get enough watching of the whole game to see how he did before and after that series of plays I noticed.

But the positive in this is we're getting a look at him we might not normally have had and he might be able to stay on the roster. Would be nice to see a guy improve the team on D out of seemingly nowhere but who knows... one can hope.. 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

Those so called experts, coming up with false evidence to disproven global warming, are paid by the companies causing global warming. You know the billions being made by these people have them not caring about the future death of millions. They are playing "Russian Roulette" that they will be gone and have made their big dollars before it is to late to recover from the death path they leave behind.  

Same can be said, for the other side of the argument; and who, is funding that side ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

Vaccine are not really antibodies, they just train our immune system on how the virus looks and make the immune system generate antibodies against said virus. This is basic highschool biology from grade 12. You can also learn it in 1st year university courses too. Really simple science that was explained to me many times from many different courses spanning both highschool and university. I dont know why people still think Vaccines are aome type of antidote that protects us from the virus 100% of the time and actually doesnt let the virus into our body. Its not how vaccine works. Its all based on your immune system. The vaccine doesnt kill the virus, the immune system does through T cells and our memory B cells.

Very new to all this terminology: so what is the difference between an MrNA vaccine vs the vaccine that we took once before, for other viruses ?  

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-to-enhanced-covid-19-protocols-1.1735189

Looks like they're going to up their game in the NHL.  They really need rapid tests, it's a bit ridiculous that guys are out there on the ice before they get results back.  I mean, when I go for a test I'm told to go directly home and isolate...it's common sense.

The Calgary Flames announced Wednesday that 17 members of the organization were added to the protocol and will be out at least 10 days, while a total of 16 NHL players have entered the league’s COVID-19 protocol.

• Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 1

14 hours ago, spook007 said:

Never tried that....

Had lots of vaccinations over the years though.

Luckily I never had any severe symptoms afterwards...

my pharmacist said its the only one that hurts while its being injected. He says he's had people pull away mid shot.

I've had a number of family members get shingles and its really nasty and can last for months, so I don't mind trading a few days of side effects to skip that.

Edited by JM_
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AC30 said:

What do you call a vaccine and a double vaccine at that that doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do - protect you from getting the very thing it’s designed to protect you from? 

So by definition it’s not really a vaccine.

Can’t they come up with something more effective by now?

I don't think you understand how vaccines work.

There isn't a vaccine in the world that's 100% immunity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

my pharmacist said its the only one that hurts while its being injected. He says he's had people pull away mid shot.

I've had a number of family members get shingles and its really nasty and can last for months, so I don't mind trading a few days of side effects to skip that.

Cheers amigo.

Yes absolutely... a few days of side effects is f all compared to severe illness/death...

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Think of it like this.

Vaccines are like seat belts, lane sensors, back up cameras and an air bag. 

Even with all this tech, it is still possible to get into a crash. But your chances of survival are a lot better, and your injuries will be less. 

These vaccines are to keep you from getting long haul symptoms, and going to a hospital. They are not a force field. 

It stacks the odds in your favour. 

Spot on...

Or crossing the road at zebra crossing... likely hood of getting hit by a car substantially less there... it really isn't that hard to understand.

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol i'm almost down to have these players play in a bubble again.. sry i can careless if i or u or whomever gets to go out and enjoy watch the game live or not.. most of the ppl at the arena don't give a f about wearing mask and now that they are double vaccinated they dont' care if they have covid or not since they won't know if they are asymptomatic nor would they go test for no reason.. and we end up with players/staff getting infected from somewhere and we get a watered down product. imagine your team missing the playoff coz you had to play a bunch of games with 1/3rd of ur lineup gone due to covid for x amount of games. or a team beats you out for the last playoff spot coz they get to play a bunch of covid hit teams and padded their points.

Not true, I was at a couple of games and most of the people wore masks most of the time. 

9 hours ago, iceman64 said:

yeah I'm thinking if it starts getting worse it may involve the bubble again... ugh! If there's a positive in this and I know just a sample size of what I got to see in the bluejackets game was a few very noticable shifts by Juulsen where he stuck to his check and covered him well as the play shifted and from being heads up on a swivel, he dropped back, covered his check and never lost position for the following play. Plus he has a look about him, like ummm oh yeah, the Darcy Hordichuk look.. like I dare you.. I'd be down.

Just a mean tough 'i could F you up look" but I didn't get enough watching of the whole game to see how he did before and after that series of plays I noticed.

But the positive in this is we're getting a look at him we might not normally have had and he might be able to stay on the roster. Would be nice to see a guy improve the team on D out of seemingly nowhere but who knows... one can hope.. 

Yeah I watched Juulsen in a few WHL games he has good size 6'2, 205, Very defensive and ended up getting in a fight... I liked his game and excited he is getting NHL games now..

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Yeah I watched Juulsen in a few WHL games he has good size 6'2, 205, Very defensive and ended up getting in a fight... I liked his game and excited he is getting NHL games now..

From my extremely limited viewing in his last game, I have to say that I was impressed with Juulsens pivoting and his body position. 

15 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Not true, I was at a couple of games and most of the people wore masks most of the time. 

Maybe the cameras just catch 80% of the people at the wrong moment then because I see most not wearing masks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Maybe the cameras just catch 80% of the people at the wrong moment then because I see most not wearing masks

Maybe you focus more on people who are not wearing masks? 

Out on the concourse 99% of the people wore masks, in fact probably 100 but that's tough to say. I didn't see a single person without one. 

In the seats people are eating and drinking and take their mask off for that but majority of fans had their masks on. 

31 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

From my extremely limited viewing in his last game, I have to say that I was impressed with Juulsens pivoting and his body position. 

Likewise.  There was one rush on the shift following the 2 on one where it looked like he may have been caught flat footed but he positioned himself very well and forced his man out wide perfectly.

• Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Sorry to say but I sit through half the game unmasked as I am drinking beers and eating nachos.

But then again, I live in Texas North. 

Food and drink is definitely used as an excuse to keep masks off