The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s for persons testing positive after arrival.  Kane knowingly was positive before his departure.  Yet he still got on a plane and crossed international borders.  

It says 'positive arrival test' or 'symptoms after arrival'.

7 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Ppl are vaxxed and still getting covid. Why does it matter if he is unvaxxed? 

The vaccine was never meant to stop people from getting covid.  It matters if people are unvaxxed as they are more likely to use the hospital ERs and ICU units. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Exactly.  Upon arrival.  Kane knew he was Covid positive before he got on the plane.  

Did I miss that he was Covid positive 

what I thought I read was that he had been and while still in team protocols had travelled etc …. Doesn’t mean he was still positive….

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly.  Upon arrival.  Kane knew he was Covid positive before he got on the plane.  

Do we know that for a fact?  Did Customs Canada know that?  Does it matter to the entering Canada protocal?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty sure this wasn't a knee jerk reaction by the Sharks management. I'm pretty sure they ran this by their lawyers first. 

At this point the NHLPA probably wants to be done with this clown.

Doubt they’d even put up much of a fight on his behalf.

He can try and fight it in the courts. Good luck though.

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 2

59 minutes ago, mll said:

He hasn't played in Abbotsford.  Was suspended to start the season and his 1st AHL game was only on 11 December against Abbotsford but in San Jose.  They haven't travelled to Abbotsford since he made his debut.  They would have come over by charter and if he had been tested positive wouldn't have been allowed to travel with the team.

He was announced in Covid protocol on 23 December so might have been over the holidays.

huh. So he must have come back to Vancouver on his own then. Yikes. 

1 hour ago, gurn said:

He is not being bought out, the Sharks are attempting to void his contract.

No more money- other than an nhl pension, which has nothing to do with the team.

Not yet.

This trying to void his contract just an attempt by the Sharks to not have to buy him out. Not sure if they will be successful in that regard.

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty sure this wasn't a knee jerk reaction by the Sharks management. I'm pretty sure they ran this by their lawyers first. 

Agreed but I still foresee a union battle and maybe a lawsuit. I’m sure but also wonder if the Sharks had gotten Bettman’s approval…..

Edited by grandmaster

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Agreed but I still foresee a union battle and maybe a lawsuit. I’m sure but also wonder if the Sharks better had gotten Bettman’s approval…..

if I'm being honest, it would be funny if the Sharks ended up having to buy him out after all this. 

• Like 1