The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

52 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

At this point the NHLPA probably wants to be done with this clown.

Doubt they’d even put up much of a fight on his behalf.

He can try and fight it in the courts. Good luck though.

52 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You can't pick and choose who you represent and stand up for.  

To be honest this whole ordeal is kind of BS.  We got slapped with the full penalty for the Luongo contract.  I'm not happy seeing Sharks just get out under this 7 mil/year contract without any repercussions. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The union has to fight this.  It’s their duty.  

this also might be unique. Has there ever been a termination of an NHL player due to not following AHL rules? is that really in the spirit of the collective agreement? I wonder if thats even been covered or if this is new ground. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

this also might be unique. Has there ever been a termination of an NHL player due to not following AHL rules? is that really in the spirit of the collective agreement? I wonder if thats even been covered or if this is new ground. 

NHL contract and being paid by NHL team while playing for their minor league team.  

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Funny enough… I grew up with a good friend of mine back in high school. He got into hockey very early and everyone believed he was on his way to the NHL some day.

One day on a walk, I’m on Main (back in the 90’s it was contained). And some dude begs for change, sketching out on me. 

It was Michael.

My heart still goes out to him today wherever he is, if he’s still with us…

I always wonder what kinda bad luck and bad choices send someone into that world... 

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You can't pick and choose who you represent and stand up for.  

To be honest this whole ordeal is kind of BS.  We got slapped with the full penalty for the Luongo contract.  I'm not happy seeing Sharks just get out under this 7 mil/year contract without any repercussions. 

you would think they would still carry the cap hit and just for kicks buck up the cash to a charity for pr

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Correct.

How hard you fight for certain players is a different story.

True, but they have to hold their noses and fight this one for all its worth.  They can't let a precedent be set that any violation of some policy is considered a material breach of contract.  Teams would start using it more and more to escape paying players.  The union has already signalled its intent to fight the move.

My guess it some settlement will be made for some significant portion of Kane's salary which will be charged to the Sharks cap.

He would have to have tested positive for Covid, falsified the results, and then went around licking the rest of his team mates for a $22+ million dollar contract to just get voided with no consqiences.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

The vaccine was never meant to stop people from getting covid.  It matters if people are unvaxxed as they are more likely to use the hospital ERs and ICU units. 

Oh wow... go read the definition of a vaccine. You should be immunized after getting the jab. And don’t say « it was never meant to stop people from getting covid » because severals months ago it was EXACTLY, word by word, what they say. 
and for Kane again way too much cdc judges, without any info. Give him the right to defend himself. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Oh wow... go read the definition of a vaccine. You should be immunized after getting the jab. And don’t say « it was never meant to stop people from getting covid » because severals months ago it was EXACTLY, word by word, what they say. 
and for Kane again way too much cdc judges, without any info. Give him the right to defend himself. 

The variants on this thing are so different that vaccines which immunize you from one still leaves you susceptible to future generations of the same virus.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

the only way I'd be OK with it is if he finally recognizes he's at rock bottom and goes and gets professional help. If he did that I'd be willing to try a PTO if he actually was committed to being a better human. 

How many times does this kid have to be hit across the head with a 2 X 4 before he gets it? He doesn't seem to think he has a problem. 

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

Kane is planning to fight his termination, starting with filing a grievance with the NhLPA. I would think the ruling will go against him, the Sharks have lots of legal ammunition.

Dude’s done.

• Like 1

Just now, Boudrias said:

How many times does this kid have to be hit across the head with a 2 X 4 before he gets it? He doesn't seem to think he has a problem. 

That’s the main problem. Kane doesn’t have a problem. Everyone else has problems with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1