The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Jan. 16, 2022 @ 11:00 am

Rate this topic

goalie13

Well, I guess the real Canucks are back, the excitement of a new coach has lost some of its shine. Playing the best teams is exposing their deficiencies. It's not a coaching problem, it's a player personnel problem. They just aren't good enough yet. Benning was desperate and made some poor decisions, and now here we are.

Waiting for JR and crew to make the improvements. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, I guess the real Canucks are back, the excitement of a new coach has lost some of its shine. Playing the best teams is exposing their deficiencies. It's not a coaching problem, it's a player personnel problem. They just aren't good enough yet. Benning was desperate and made some poor decisions, and now here we are.

Waiting for JR and crew to make the improvements. 

I never had us up there with the teams we just played. We don't need to be that good to make the playoffs. We need to beat the ducks of the league and the flyers of the league.

• Vintage 1

16 hours ago, Boest-er said:

Go canucks Go.

I still believe baby

I still wanna believe too but it's becoming obvious that we need more talented players as we play better teams...but I will stilll cheer for them.

Go Canucks Go!!

2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

"Very tough" is an understatement.  On paper, they should lose every game of this trip.  Luckily, the games aren't played on paper.

I have mostly liked how they have played on this trip so far.  Hopefully they will get rewarded for their efforts today and/or Tuesday.

Everyone has been saying that over and over but I do not get it.

Everyone: Our D is terrible - Myers / OEL - Hughes / Schenn - Poolman / Hunt, Bouroughs have been holding the fort down. Personally, I do not see why Hunt gets played over Bouroughs as Poolman/ Bouroughs was pretty good under Green.

Recently: Then, against Florida teams they hold their own except they look rusty. Very good hockey games considering Panthers have gone on to obliterate the other teams this week.

Against Carolina: See we are terrible, soooo many holes in this team. However, Canucks are always terrible on East Coast morning games when their body clock is still in the West. I expected that loss.

Only thing wrong about the "paper" is Petey and with him not clicking our PP. So, Who is Petey? Is he the 7 million dollar man or is he a wash till next year?