The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Winter Olympics Beijing

Jaimito

Some games start today Feb 2 although opening ceremony is Feb 4.

Feb 3: Canadian mixed doubles curling, women's ice hockey tonight. 

The Canadian Press predicts 26 medals for Canada's team at the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, with a breakdown of eight gold, eight silver and 10 bronze.

Canada won 29 (11 gold, 8 silver, 10 bronze) in Pyeongchang. 

https://www.tsn.ca/the-canadian-press-projects-26-medals-including-eight-gold-for-canada-in-beijing-1.1753421

More news on Vancouver bid for 2030 today.  It will be so cool to have team Canada play at home again.

https://www.tsn.ca/indigenous-led-bid-to-bring-2030-games-to-vancouver-and-whistler-takes-next-step-1.1753416

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Some games start today Feb 2 although opening ceremony is Feb 4.

Feb 3: Canadian mixed doubles curling, women's ice hockey tonight. 

I believe that's Feb 3rd Beijing time?  The Canada - Switzerland women's game is on CBC at 8pm Pacific Time tonight, Feb 2nd.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

thats a false argument tho, hosting a games has no impact on that at all. 

I agree. The tourism sector in BC had been devastated too. Will take years to get back. If they can do the games again with a good budget, which I think they can since all the major infrastructure and venues are already built, they can actually make money. Also get more federal dollars, perhaps upgrade the Canada line to support a larger population and ridership.

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I agree. The tourism sector in BC had been devastated too. Will take years to get back. If they can do the games again with a good budget, which I think they can since all the major infrastructure and venues are already built, they can actually make money. Also get more federal dollars, perhaps upgrade the Canada line to support a larger population and ridership.

its also great for BC First Nations. 

• Upvote 1