The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] February 9, 2022 NY Islanders @ Vancouver Canucks at 7:30 on SNPTV and SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, awalk said:

Damn. I think you're on to something.

Heres another mind blowing piece of truth too:

We'll never win a game again without Loui Player Name on the ice. Proof?

Yesterday, he's on the ice: we score 5 goals.
Today, no player name: we let in 5 goals.

Lawyered.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

D just letting Jaro down tonight. Too bad.
Let’s now see who at least tries to fight back and maintain some pride. 

I agree, 3/5 of those goals were a result of terrible defensive coverage.

He still should have been pulled after the 4th goal, regardless of it being his fault or not.

1 minute ago, Canucklehead53 said:

Goaltending needed to be better, no two ways around it. Would it be 5-1 if DEMKO started? Personally I don't think so. Would we still be losing? That I do agree with because the whole team is playing poorly, but this just wasn't Halaks night. He was aweful and had no confidence after the third goal. Should have pulled him then. 

Of course not, some of those goals were Halaks fault. 

3 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Incorrect. Benning brought in Jason Dickinson, who was the last piece of the puzzle we were missing. This is a stanley cup contending team, as long as Dickinson is in the lineup. Want some proof?

Dickinson was in the lineup yesterday, we score 5 goals.

Dickinson out of the lineup today, we let 5 goals in.

Prove me wrong: you cant. 

LOL, I understand the context here but I'd take you more seriously if your avatar was a bit different :)

11 minutes ago, Roberts said:

this turned out to be a fantastic game for my tv to decide to start breaking. an hour before the game it started having color problems with vertical and horizontal lines.

Sounds like my brain last few weeks with my concussion symptoms..

3 minutes ago, Canucklehead53 said:

Goaltending needed to be better, no two ways around it. Would it be 5-1 if DEMKO started? Personally I don't think so. Would we still be losing? That I do agree with because the whole team is playing poorly, but this just wasn't Halaks night. He was aweful and had no confidence after the third goal. Should have pulled him then. 

First goal he could have saved.

Second was a screen, hockey's a fast game and NHL players will capitalize in seconds. I don't blame him for that one. Demko could have given that one up too.

Third was a deflection. Deflections can beat Demko. I don't fault Halak.

Third was a defensive breakdown, that pass should never have gotten through. Juulsen lost his man. I don't blame Halak.

Fifth was a skill move by a star talent in Barzal, those goals happen. Maybe Demko saves it, maybe he doesn't.

I'm not convinced Demko would be doing much better given the effort we've seen in front of Halak tonight. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1