The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Oilers fire Tippett

Rate this topic

MikeBossy

I’m looking forward to the headline - player name “ demands trade” hes given  a list of one team he’ll go to lol. 

Not only is it one of the grossest places In Canada it a career wasting wasteland. 
Some good players wasting away RNH is one of them. 

Toilers are about to get a fleecing for the ages when the try to move Kos and add a goaltender. 
Job saving trade time those usually work out so well:frantic:::D

Edited by combover
  • Cheers 1

Pretty crazy that the Oilers only have $7M in cap space heading into the summer, and that's with Koskinen's crazy contract coming off the books.  That's also with Yamamoto and Puljujarvi being arbitration eligible RFAs this summer.  They have about $4.2M in dead cap through next season and will continue to carry about $2M in dead cap for the two after (James Neal).

I do wonder when the Oilers may just blow up the team.  Bouchard has actually been productive although I haven't watched him play to know how he's playing defensively.  Whatever the case is, Bouchard seems like a guy that they need to keep around.  McDavid is presumably still the centerpiece of the team, but they just have terrible depth around him.  They badly need to reallocate their cap dollars.

2 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Pretty crazy that the Oilers only have $7M in cap space heading into the summer, and that's with Koskinen's crazy contract coming off the books.  That's also with Yamamoto and Puljujarvi being arbitration eligible RFAs this summer.  They have about $4.2M in dead cap through next season and will continue to carry about $2M in dead cap for the two after (James Neal).

I do wonder when the Oilers may just blow up the team.  Bouchard has actually been productive although I haven't watched him play to know how he's playing defensively.  Whatever the case is, Bouchard seems like a guy that they need to keep around.  McDavid is presumably still the centerpiece of the team, but they just have terrible depth around him.  They badly need to reallocate their cap dollars.

They're more screwed than we are. They need a real goaltender and a complete restructuring of their defense core. They'll have to give up one of their big offensive guns if they want a real goaltender, or wait 5 years to develop one.

5 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

They're more screwed than we are. They need a real goaltender and a complete restructuring of their defense core. They'll have to give up one of their big offensive guns if they want a real goaltender, or wait 5 years to develop one.

Tells you that getting lucky with draft lottery doesn't guarantee a cup contender. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Yeah, I can't see how they can make any meaningful changes without blowing up their team, and that assumes that remaining members of their current core would not lose complete confidence and want out. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

No point in changing coaches unless the new guy has the balls to put McDiver in the press box if he keeps refusing to backcheck.

Add to that McMeMe's rushes up the ice. That's his answer for everything. The odd hilite but more often than not  it ends in a turnover. We all know turnovers at the blue lines kill you. Even if he gains the blue line it mostly, eventually ends in a quick turnover and no offensive zone time. Watch Draisatels skates back to the Dzone, lol, it looks like me in beer leugue. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Bouchard is much like the rest of the D. Look good in the offensive zone, but keystone cops in their Dzone. I watched the game last night and it was comical. 

15 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I do wonder when the Oilers may just blow up the team.  Bouchard has actually been productive although I haven't watched him play to know how he's playing defensively.  Whatever the case is, Bouchard seems like a guy that they need to keep around.  

He's Barrie level bad in his own zone. No hope of him every turning into an actual NHL quality defenceman.  You don't win with guys who are that much of a defensive liability.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

To VAN:

Draisatl (50% retained)

To EDM:

Boeser

Halak

7th Round Pick

Why Vancouver does it:  Draisatl is an up and coming super duper star.  At 50% retained, he's a super duper ooper star.

Why Edmonton does it:  They get a goalie that can stand in front of the net sometimes.  Boeser wants more money... oil money in Edmonton can pay for it.  7th round pick as a sweetener.

Halak 3 goals in 21 seconds performance last night just might dampen the Oilers enthusiasm about the player.

We’re not getting Drai for him and Brock. 
Even Holland wouldn’t make that move.

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

Halak 3 goals in 21 seconds performance last night just might dampen the Oilers enthusiasm about the player.

We’re not getting Drai for him and Brock. 
Even Holland wouldn’t make that move.

WHOOOOSH!

• Haha 3