The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Pavel Zacha

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

If JR/PA turn Dickinson into Zacha, that'd be a great start to a retool. 

Hopefully that is a lot closer than the Zacha+ for Garland or Boeser speculation we have been enduring for past few weeks...

Edited by Podz92
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 2/18/2022 at 9:49 PM, Shayster007 said:

Just nuts. It was actually suggested a 1 for 1 Boeser for Zacha trade at one point in this thread. Madness I say! 

Theirs some fans in here that seem like they just purposely put out bad advice! Most these fans don’t have a clue what they talking about when It comes to hockey trades or value lolol. Just trolls most anyways! It’s ridiculous zacha for Boeser 1-1 is a good trade. It’s so terrible lol. We can do much better then that. start opening up cap space before trade deadline, and during  the off-season. Open up cap space and acquire draft picks aswell top end prospects. Trade guys like. Myers, Pearson, Poolman, Dickinson, OEL, Garland. We could acquire some decent draft picks for some of these players aswell top end prospects. Open up cap room for some players who I think we should sign. Brock and JT. There’s other dman we can pursue in the off-season that’s not gonna cost a arm & leg. Boeser not gonna get a huge pay raise I can see 7.5 mill for 5 years and JT 8 for 5 year. We need to open up some cap this off-season. I like JT and if we can’t keep him I’d expect a first and a second pick aswell first round pick prospect coming back our way. The next two years is stacked come draft time! Connor Bedard 2023 draft, is just what this team needs! A hometown boy that so deadly at hockey. Imagine that. So what are we doing retooling? Or a semi rebuild? Should we stack our team with draft picks & prospects for next year and a half? This is the direction this team should be going. Leave our core alone! Keep our core! trade out the rest. 

• Cheers 1

If we can somehow pull NJ’s 1st round pick, I’m for it. 

We could have two top 10 picks this year.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:23 PM, Canucks Curse said:

lots of intriguing pieces in NJ:

2022 1st, 2nd

holtz

mercer

graves

foote

yegor

Shakir 

zacha

some NJ might move, some they prob do not want to move.

Bahl as well, young dman with some size. Would be a nice add on.

7 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Theirs some fans in here that seem like they just purposely put out bad advice! Most these fans don’t have a clue what they talking about when It comes to hockey trades or value lolol. Just trolls most anyways! It’s ridiculous zacha for Boeser 1-1 is a good trade. It’s so terrible lol. We can do much better then that. start opening up cap space before trade deadline, and during  the off-season. Open up cap space and acquire draft picks aswell top end prospects. Trade guys like. Myers, Pearson, Poolman, Dickinson, OEL, Garland. We could acquire some decent draft picks for some of these players aswell top end prospects. Open up cap room for some players who I think we should sign. Brock and JT. There’s other dman we can pursue in the off-season that’s not gonna cost a arm & leg. Boeser not gonna get a huge pay raise I can see 7.5 mill for 5 years and JT 8 for 5 year. We need to open up some cap this off-season. I like JT and if we can’t keep him I’d expect a first and a second pick aswell first round pick prospect coming back our way. The next two years is stacked come draft time! Connor Bedard 2023 draft, is just what this team needs! A hometown boy that so deadly at hockey. Imagine that. So what are we doing retooling? Or a semi rebuild? Should we stack our team with draft picks & prospects for next year and a half? This is the direction this team should be going. Leave our core alone! Keep our core! trade out the rest. 

Lol, Bedard. Haha, okay you obviously have no clue what's going on. Get Berdard, keep our core trade our garbage for top players. No problem  :lol:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, Bedard. Haha, okay you obviously have no clue what's going on. Get Berdard, keep our core trade our garbage for top players. No problem  :lol:

Bedard is far fetched. Lol his draft year not til 2023! One can wish. Your just making things sound more difficult then it really is. If you think Boeser for Zacha is a good trade for us. You def don’t have a clue what your talking about. I didn’t say we get a astronomical players for guys like Myers, Poolman, Dickinson or Pearson yah cray cray. But we can get pretty good prospects or a higher draft picks with OEL and Garland. Use your head buddy! Don’t state the obvious! 

A lot of people here are fascinated with Bahl's size, but a defensive prospect I'd prefer to get is Shakir Mukhamudullin. He's 6'4", so not much shorter than Bahl, but unbelievably good at deking and transitions for his size.

Edited by Nave
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Nave said:

A lot of people here are fascinated with Bahl's size, but a defensive prospect I'd prefer to get is Shakir Mukhamudullin. He's 6'4", so not much shorter than Bahl, but unbelievably good at deking and transitions for his size.

https://twitter.com/lassialanen/status/1485669302950899716?s=20&t=iUfq7oFseNprJiYO34qpAw

It's not so much his size as his mean streak and shutdown ability,

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

It's not so much his size as his mean streak and shutdown ability,

I understand that. It's not just that he's 6'6"--he's also 230 pounds and has a mean streak.

But the league is trending to speed, so I think it's better if we get a big guy who can skate.

5 minutes ago, Nave said:

I understand that. It's not just that he's 6'6"--he's also 230 pounds and has a mean streak.

But the league is trending to speed, so I think it's better if we get a big guy who can skate.

And yet the Cup winners have still been big teams. Tampa didn’t win until it added more size and grit to its lineup.

Heck even Gudbranson is doing well in Calgary by having a limited role… and he skates like he has a piano tied to his back.

The guys we are talking about can all get around the ice just fine.

• Cheers 2