The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens trade Tyler Toffoli to Flames for Tyler Pitlick, Emil Heineman, 2022 1st-round pick, 2024 5th-round pick

16 minutes ago, rekker said:

The ghost, the legend of Taffoli just keeps haunting the Canucks and it's fan base. 

Other than freezing up during the disastrous start to the season, the “running out of time” for TT has got to have been another reason why JB was fired. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Wow!   I think this is a pretty high package to give up for him.  Just saying!  What do others think?  But like housing in Canada, getting quality players has become way more expensive.

I mean he’s not a rental so it won’t look as bad as when we traded for him.

But if his game falls off next season that’s 4 million they don’t have to re-sign Gaudreau and upgrade their roster.

I see this as them going all in knowing their window will be closing in the next couple years.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Interesting that they’re trading for him over a month before the trade deadline. You’d think they’d wanna maximize cap space.

Does this force other teams to follow suit?

They must have been worried they would lose him out to another team.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The biggest piss off happens to be tanev being healthy for the first time ever

Lol yea.

But just like with us he’s so important to that roster. Take him out and their defensive game and pk fall apart.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, Provost said:

We are out of a playoff position....

We are in 7th in the conference for a wildcard race and would have to leapfrog 5 teams and win a bunch more games than ALL of them.  There isn't going to be any more clarity by the trade deadline, we can't actually be mathematically eliminated by then.  We are in the same spot as we were when Boudreau took over, so that gives you a really good sense of how hard it is to make up ground.

All we are doing now is risking these assets get injured, demand a trade, or their play falls off.

I think it’s the wrong message to the team. They still have some time. If they can put together another decent win streak, they will be in the mix. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

The Calgary Canucks has already been playing strong, and this move will certainly help their scoring for a playoff run. 

Looks like they feel their window is right now. And honestly, this is probably their best crack at it.

That’s the way I look at it.

Their window is going to be open for a very short period.

Johnny hockey is getting a fat payday and you’ll never have that D core along with Mangiapanne having a career year again. 

And how long can Marky play at a vezina caliber level? Does he have a few more years like this in him or is this him peaking? That will determine a lot.

Either way this hurts their prospect pool and makes what will be their eventual rebuild even longer.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

As good as Calgary look, this team is in their prime now and they're a fringe playoff team. I think if they make the playoffs they'll do well, but they're peaking now and only going to get older and worse. This trade sells a lot of their future away too, it's a big gamble for a 20 goal scorer.

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If Toffoli is getting:

Player

Prospect

1st

5th

then Miller should get:

Player

Prospect

Prospect

1st

2nd

It will MAINLY, depend on Allvins' negotiation skills and the desperation of the other GM.   HAS Allvin, created enough of a market to demand an impressive return and will he be able to execute it ?

Wonder who becomes a contender faster, between the Habs & Nucks ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

5 minutes ago, kloubek said:

The Calgary Canucks has already been playing strong, and this move will certainly help their scoring for a playoff run. 

Looks like they feel their window is right now. And honestly, this is probably their best crack at it.

Trevling has gone from Zero to Hero inside a single season.
Flames have major rugged fire power in the entire line up.. and Markstrom getting into the zone” again.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1