The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

First thing I would say is that while this was a cr*p effort I'm not sure we should take this one too much to heart.

The Ducks and Gibson have always had Vancouver's number in Vancouver... tonight was no different.

At the same time... yes, the Canucks need to have better starts.  After what BB told them... and after they responded well... their collective memories seemed to have failed them... and they came out in the first looking like tourists gawking at the sights as Anaheim skated circles around them.

The only lines which played at all well were Pettersson's and Motte's... the other two were garbage.

I do have to wonder if all this trade talk is having an effect on the players... what Juice said is true... they don't know if management is still all in on making the playoffs or if management is all in on lining up deals... and all their heads are on the block.

One thing is sure... they need a bigger and better set of 3/4/5 D (Schenn is a #6) and they need to create a new offensive system for the forwards... they are far too clumsy in how they interact... and lack any kind of imagination in how they enter the O-Zone.

Just came back from watching it live. Ducks had more jump and size, and all sorts of lucky tips. 
When Canucks make trade moves, we really need more size and grit. This team wouldn’t go far in post season even if by some fluke they made it in.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Question for those who have more hockey knowledge than me. Are there present day examples of teams giving the captaincy to a different player and keeping the "old" captain? Or is it almost always that the captain is traded to avoid conflict or whatever. 

Dustin Brown and Joe Thornton come to mind.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Kovalchuk said:

This is Benning's final product with a capped out roster, two straight years without first round picks and already missing our 2nd in this years draft and we literally need to tear most of this down 

I've wasted a third of my life watching Benning/Weisbrod flounder about like idiots.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Question for those who have more hockey knowledge than me. Are there present day examples of teams giving the captaincy to a different player and keeping the "old" captain? Or is it almost always that the captain is traded to avoid conflict or whatever. 

Usually the captain leaves or a goalie is involved (Luongo was unofficial captain and then that was taken away).