The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sean Avery signs with the Orlando Solar Bears

goalie13

9 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Outta hockey for over a decade, 41yrs old - doesn't the NHLPA have some type of 'transition program' to get these guys a life after their career? 

He’s focused on acting for the last number of years. I imagine this is just Avery being Avery- it’s for sh**s and attention/publicity. 

• Cheers 1

The ECHL turning into the WWECHL

.. and the

“Pizza Hut Transaction report”

Up Next :

“The Budweiser Player of the Game”

gotta love hockey !

Barnaby should get on the same line as Avery, add Matt Cooke .. old time hockey ! Lol

song GIF

• Haha 2

Must be some sort of PR move or something. He was already struggling to hold an NHL spot 10 years ago. Sure the ECHL is a lot easier, but he hasn't played professionally in 10 years and at 41, it's not easy to get back in hockey shape.

You also gotta wonder how many of the current Solar Bears players were fans 10-15 years ago and hated Avery's guts, as most fans did.

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

but he hasn't played professionally in 10 years and at 41, it's not easy to get back in hockey shape.

I haven't played beer league since COVID and finding it hard to get back into shape just for beer league.  Reportedly he is trying to make a comeback in the NHL.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I haven't played beer league since COVID and finding it hard to get back into shape just for beer league.  Reportedly he is trying to make a comeback in the NHL.

...this is when i wish it was the training camps of old and clowns like this would literally have to fight for their roster spot

15 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I'll be impressed if he's able, but this is no doubt some sort of mid-life ego crisis. He's one of the most egomaniacal players I've ever seen and I can't imagine how satisfied he'd feel if he somehow made it. At the very least he wants to tell everyone he's going to do it.

• Cheers 1