The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

Not all Russians are alike.

Mikheyev, Podkolzin, and Kuzmenko all seem smart and working hard towards their goals.

But for every Larionov there's a Krutov, or maybe more like a Tryamkin.

Maybe we dodged a bullet.  Picks or young prospects is what we should ask for Myers.  No rush.  Just before TD, they'll be a lineup. How much salary would Canucks have to even retain?   I guess it depends on the trading partner's own cap flexibility, to afford the hit, but really, its not much of gamble with only one year left after this season, at 6 million.  There are worse D in the league making more than that for a much longer contract.

Now if Canucks retaining salary means that the other team bumps the return, that might work too.

Edited by kilgore

On 2/24/2022 at 1:40 AM, Dazzle said:

People talk about Myers and his big contract, but the reality is that the Canucks need him. There's no other replacement.

While I don't disagree, Bear softens that blow a bit.  They "could" manage with bear, schenn and Burroughs on the right side 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

While I don't disagree, Bear softens that blow a bit.  They "could" manage with bear, schenn and Burroughs on the right side 

Them and depth guys like Juulsen and Keeper would get us through the season. Not to the playoffs, but our current group probably doesn't accomplish that anyway. 

Could get by with those guys and maybe Woo. Particularly if the losing continues. 

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Thank louieriksson (god) that Zaitsev vetoed this trade.

Zaitsev can’t crack a lineup in which HAMONIC is in the top 4. 

Myers may be the lord of long necked mammalian chaos but Zaitsev belongs in the AHL. 

Not sure I buy that Zaitsev vetoed the trade if he was waived by Ottawa to play in the AHL.  Pretty sure he accepts to play on an NHL club.

Myers is another dude I think very highly of as a person but he is a turnover machine and honestly I expected a little more offensively from him.  

I would like to see Burroughs play more so win-win if they can shed some cap space by letting the chaos giraffe run rampant somewhere else (pref in the east). BA16CF71-4655-4ABC-B218-0EC13BF66AEC.gif.d30f63d947008fcf8151ff24594ea76a.gif

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Speaking of Woo, anyone know how Keeper is doing?

Not sure on his play but he had a fight recently stepping up for a teammate that got hit I believe. Also, thought I read Keeper got some 4th line minutes...not sure if true though. Not a bad idea to convert a player like him  to a forward. Tough, can dish out more hits on the forecheck...worth a shot if true

I think we can get more for Myers if we hang onto him until next year.. after his signing bonus is paid out.

Painful to say but it the price we have to pay for these terrible contracts.

Our only option is to swap trash for trash right now.

Edited by Maginator
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Maginator said:

I think we can get more for Myers if we hang onto him until next year.. after his signing bonus is paid out.

Painful to say but it the price we have to pay for these terrible contracts.

Our only option is to swap trash for trash right now.

Yup.  Myers, as a coming UFA at the 2024 TDL will have a lot of value, especially if we retain 50%. Much like with Dickinson, it would be a “win now” move to trade Myers anytime before he has actual positive value.  We need to stop giving up future assets (as sugar) in hopes to “win now”.  All that’s doing is creating losing now, with little to no hope for a future that will have winning. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

So Zaitsev rather play in the AHL than come to Vancouver lolololololololololololol

state of the franchise. can’t actually say I blame him. Probably should thank him. 
Seems like an odd trade we get some cap relief but really we should be looking for players without trade protection so we can flip them to. 

12 minutes ago, combover said:

So Zaitsev rather play in the AHL than come to Vancouver lolololololololololololol

state of the franchise. can’t actually say I blame him. Probably should thank him. 
Seems like an odd trade we get some cap relief but really we should be looking for players without trade protection so we can flip them to. 

Myers has a “No Trade” too.  He is the one that would nix any trade.  Plus, Myers for Zaitsev is a very bad deal for us, unless the Sens were significantly adding