The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

Just now, DeNiro said:

Those decisions don’t need to be made until the offseason.

Probably true, but this makes it much more possible to keep the likes of Boeser, Motte, and in the long run, Miller.

Just now, -AJ- said:

Probably true, but this makes it much more possible to keep the likes of Boeser, Motte, and in the long run, Miller.

I would like to see a Dickinson or Poolman trade next.

Give that money straight to Motte.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alright so I did all the math

With Poolman back off LTIR, and assuming we resign Boeser at 6.5m, less than his QO, and Motte for 2m, and Highmore and Uhaul at 1m, and a couple of warm bodies at league minimum, our total cap hit will be about 77m, incl. all penalties, Halak's bonus, etc.

4.5m cap space to add skill/speed and upgrade 2 of our RHD to top-4? No chance. 

I think JR/PA are just getting started

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Why wouldnt they?  You need experienced vets to teach and shelter your young guys. How else do they learn?

Totally get that. But he ain't exactly Nicklas Lidstrom. You can pick up guys like this in free agency for nothing. Proof of that is we picked him up for nothing.

Why cough up a 3rd rounder when you could have got him or similar for nothing. Is Ottawa that crappy of a city you have to pay up to bring in guys with term left and trap them into playing for you?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

100% in agreement here.

My friend who I was at the game with last night is sharing the slo-mo video of him manhandling Tkachuk in the crease.

We need that.

That one play was the only thing that made that terrible game worthwhile for me to watch. We need more of that, not less. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1