The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

Evidently the 3rd went to TO for Dermot, so we basically exchanged Harmonic for Dermot.

Yeah, I'm catching up. I just woke up from a nap and am (mostly) watching the Giants game.

So, aside from an age gain (Dermott is younger) and some cap space, it remains to be seen how this will turn out. 

regards,  G.

17 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

A 2nd from a needy playoff team trying to upgrade their bottom pairing. The guy is a capable 20 minute RHD defensive dman that blocks shots and throws the body 5 years ago.

You forgot to finish your sentence. 

1 minute ago, KyGuy123 said:

So we replace Hamonic for Dermott and save $1.5 million in cap? I would have tater saved $3 million in cap by and keep the third round pick. Guys like this are available in free agency for “free”

We need defenceman. 1.5 mil is perfect amount to be paying for a 3LD.

Would you rather Hunt continue to log big minutes?

We traded a player in a position of surplus (RD) to address a position of weakness (LD) and saved 1.5 mil in cap.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I doubt it. RD only signed for two more years at a somewhat reasonable cap it. That's worth something to someone 

any bets on Ottawa flipping Hammy for a second tomorrow?

haha back to Calgary?

• Haha 2

Can anyone please enlighten me.... Why did we get rid of Hamonic and then get Dermott when Hamonic is bigger, tougher, and got more points production??!! This is an obvious downgrade just to get $1.5M in cap savings!!

Edited by RakuRaku
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Something must be brewing on the right side.

Not so sure.  I think Juulsen has impressed enough during his 7 games with us that management is comfortable making him our 3rd pairing RHD.  Poolman might be on the block.

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Not so sure.  I think Juulsen has impressed enough during his 7 games with us that management is comfortable making him our 3rd pairing RHD.  Poolman might be on the block.

Swapping out Poolman and hammer for a bona fide second pairing right hander would be awesome.