The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Travis Dermott to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm wondering if Juulson doens't process the game quickly enough?  He's got the size and skills, but he's slow to process.  Hopefully he can learn. 

You might be correct, Alf. I saw him play a game in Abbotsford and he looked pretty good, but the AHL is not the NHL, and he has to be a half-second faster with his decision making to play in Vancouver.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

That's splicing not cloning, and can get quite messy with animals, as compared with vegetables (unless it is Virtanen the Vegetable, and in that case it was done before we drafted him).

Hmm interesting points I still meant cloning im willing to wait for the long process to complete a prospect if you will ..!!

4 hours ago, khay said:

Maybe Dermott is our version of John Marino. Buy low on a player that has potential to play well above his pay grade.

We needed help on defence and essentially, we traded Hamonic for Dermott. Not much to lose even if it doesn't work out.

1. Getting 3rd for Hamonic is like found money -- we got rid of 3 mil contract for next season and got a 3rd in the process.

2. Dermott is paid half of Hamonic's salary while being able to play both sides and has two more years left (I think or is it one more year?). So the team has control.

3. We needed an upgrade over Hunt immediately. Our LD was getting exposed now that OEL is slow footed (probably lingering injury) and the rest of the league knows about it.

From that interview sounds like Hunt is going no where, and possible paired with Dermott. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, vancan2233 said:

From that interview sounds like Hunt is going no where, and possible paired with Dermott. 

Nothing against Hunt, he is trying hard out there and he deserves to play some games. But ideally, we should have someone else over him.

Until Poolman returns, Hunt will be in the line up. I'm OK with that.

2 hours ago, khay said:

Nothing against Hunt, he is trying hard out there and he deserves to play some games. But ideally, we should have someone else over him.

Until Poolman returns, Hunt will be in the line up. I'm OK with that.

Hunt is a great 7D man to have, with injuries to Poolman and Burroughs, Im cool with hunt

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I thought the entire point of this trade was to ensure Hunt never plays another shift here.

I would be fine with Hunt off the NHL D.  

a bottom 3 of Burroughs, Poolman and Dermotf is livable. 

Schenn as the default guy for Hughes is not sustainable. 

too many times we get an amazing player and then don’t seem to bring any complimentary players.  

A Center for Bure, a right handed shot for the Twins, and at any point a legit top 2 RHD.  

If it wasn’t for Stevens and Pronger, would Nydemeyer been as successful?  

hughes needs a stable partner for next season.  

OEL looks like he is playing thru an injury, but he and Myers have the experience too be able to eat some minutes.  

the team and Demko needed these days off.  

let’s see what they come back like as the last three games really have not been indicative of the Bruce effect.  Hot goalie that stopped forty plus shot and the team looked slower.  

Lose in OT and then get hammered by the flames who were out in force when our guys looked wilted.

Like the freed up cap space, Brad Richardson brings face offs to the team, made Motte expendable and Dermott is cheaper and younger than Hamonic.  So a simple straightforward TDL.  

the RHD needs to be addressed, it is holding Hughes baxk, or soon will.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

With Mr Hunt, one thinks of the famous Norwegian, Munch painting, "The Scream". The classic also depicts my usual expression, watching our team's panicky, drunken, fire-drill in their own end.

This Salvador Dali classic adeptly describes my feeling of time spent watching this team in such a case.

CF920F0C-FEDA-49E1-A794-7A9CC4A35D1E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2