The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Brad Richardson off waivers

I like this move 58% is a real good faceoff number and I really like that Richardson can now remove Horvat from the PK where Bo isnt very good at and to me importantly saves Bo some energy and maybe a bit more jump in his legs.

This wear on the PK is something never talked about but I've never liked to see top forwards like Bo and Miller used on the PK because I feel like these 2 players need all the life in their legs they can get and the energy expended on the PK imo hurts their games.

Edited by Podkolzins Snipe

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

agree, I think ppl realize this, I think this is a very smart move by front office 

I think some people think this is a precursor to another move which I doubt.

They needed another center regardless of what happened today. Petan is not an NHLer let alone a fourth line center.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

LOL... What is the point?? Sutter replacement or Allvin & Ruthie wanna show us fans at least they did SOMETHING!! 

The point is that Petan is not a fourth line center and Richardson is an upgrade over him even at 37.

Believe it or not they don’t make moves just to make you happy.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think some people think this is a precursor to another move which I doubt.

They needed another center regardless of what happened today. Petan is not an NHLer let alone a fourth line center.

I guess it means Peteys gonna be on the wing for the next little bit?

Nothing wrong with picking this guy up. He's only a 1mil cap hit. I bet that's one of the factors in all of this if not the main factor. Leadership's talked about getting more cap space. So far the moves make sense towards that.

Edited by The Lock

Just now, Drakrami said:

Oh god hes 37 years old, if we are selling... why not play some players from our farm team... 

Which center on the farm would you like to see us give a chance to?

I’ll wait.

Also this literally cost us nothing. :lol:

• Cheers 1