The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Boeser is the next priority with his contract due.  Do we keep him?  Or we trade him?

If we keep him, how much do you think he will cost?

I saw a poster say Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as a comparable.  It's actually not that far off when taking into consideration health issues.  If that's the case, I could see Boeser re-sign in the $5.5 to $6M range.

9 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I'd like to trade him. That said I don't know how to value his worth.  

What's Boeser worth.  ? 

I don't think he's worth as much as we think.  Likely a B-tier prospect and a 1st.  If it's an A-tier prospect, it'd be a 1-for-1. 

I could likely see a hockey trade with Boeser more than a prospect/pick package. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Someone stop me if I'm wrong.... but we have to wait until end of season to trade him, at which point he has no contract. So how can we even trade him?

Other option is we sign him, then we trade him.... but if we sign him to a reasonable contract then we would likely keep him...

So my understanding is either we lose him for nothing, or we sign him for cheap, or we sign him for his QO... am I missing something?.

• Upvote 1

What is Boeser’s upside? At 25 have we seen all he has to offer? As a all around player he is OK but is he a leader on a Cup contender? I suspect not. If he can be traded for a RD prospect then that is more the team need. He should bring that back in a deal.

• Cheers 1

Alvin should have been in serious contract talks already with BB's agent and this is part of my frustration with these guys.  They need to have a very good idea of what's going to happen with Brock before the end of the season.  I was willing to give Benning a little slack on this stuff cause he was basically a one man show, but there is 5 of these guys they need to be on top of things and stop with this BS excuse we are evaluating the team.  Half of them where scouts how much time do they need?  

Back to Brock I'd say trade him I like him as a person, but he has taken no steps at improving as a hockey player since his rookie season, which says one of 2 things he has maxed out his potential or he isn't taking his career serious enough to improve, either way as he is now he's not good enough to be a top line player on a contender which is what we hope to be someday and he will likely be paid to much to be a second line player.

• Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

People are dreaming if they think he'll re-sign for under $6

If he re-signs for under $7, then keep him. If not, then trade him.

I think your probably right either way him or Miller need to be traded or this team will just be stagnant, we need to reorganize the team structure and those 2 probably have the best value to do so. IMO anyways. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

People are dreaming if they think he'll re-sign for under $6

If he re-signs for under $7, then keep him. If not, then trade him.

Agree to some degree, but when you put his numbers beside Garland (5M$) and Pearson (3M$), issh, doesn't look good for Boeser.  At 25 he's suppose to be hitting his stride and he's regressing.  Now he does have leverage with that QO coming, but I don't think neither Boeser (or his agent) or the Canucks are interested in a long term deal.  The Canucks doesn't want to commit to a player who seemed to have plateaued, while Boeser can't ask for the moon with these numbers.

IMO the likely scenario is Boeser will sign a 2-year deal that will bring him to UFA, a little under that QO (6.25-7M$ is my guess) or at the draft, he will be traded and sign a similar deal with his new team.  One way or the other, I don't think he gets to sign QO, something will be done before.

I think he's the best bargaining chip we have to improve our defense and get a solid young top 4 RHD.

• Like 1

His agent advised a hold out last time, my guess is he won't budge off the QO for us. 

Its really up to Brock and what he wants, but if his agent is going to play hardball I think he'll be moved. 

20 minutes ago, thrago said:

Alvin should have been in serious contract talks already with BB's agent and this is part of my frustration with these guys.  They need to have a very good idea of what's going to happen with Brock before the end of the season.  I was willing to give Benning a little slack on this stuff cause he was basically a one man show, but there is 5 of these guys they need to be on top of things and stop with this BS excuse we are evaluating the team.  Half of them where scouts how much time do they need?  

Back to Brock I'd say trade him I like him as a person, but he has taken no steps at improving as a hockey player since his rookie season, which says one of 2 things he has maxed out his potential or he isn't taking his career serious enough to improve, either way as he is now he's not good enough to be a top line player on a contender which is what we hope to be someday and he will likely be paid to much to be a second line player.

looking at his comp's, he's maybe due a slight raise? something under 6.5 is reasonable, but that stupid QO is looming and in the way of a reasonable deal unless he tells his agent different. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Boeser is the next priority with his contract due.  Do we keep him?  Or we trade him?

If we keep him, how much do you think he will cost?

I saw a poster say Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as a comparable.  It's actually not that far off when taking into consideration health issues.  If that's the case, I could see Boeser re-sign in the $5.5 to $6M range.

option to let him go and save cap too.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

His agent advised a hold out last time, my guess is he won't budge off the QO for us. 

Its really up to Brock and what he wants, but if his agent is going to play hardball I think he'll be moved. 

looking at his comp's, he's maybe due a slight raise? something under 6.5 is reasonable, but that stupid QO is looming and in the way of a reasonable deal unless he tells his agent different. 

That's why I think they need to start talks now, and if the agent says they aren't willing to talk, my response would be thank you, that tells us all we need to know about what your client feels about his future with this team and then I'd be looking for trades.