The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Speaking of lynchpins, could you imagine the outrage in Cowtown if Johnny Hockey walked as a UFA (to NJD), with noooo asset coming back in return?!?

It would signal that Benning was secretly hired by Treliving as “asset manager” in continuation of Calgary eating up Nux sloppy seconds. 

There is no doubt Little Johnny is leaving.  He was snubbed on his last contract negotiations with the Flames.  And Gnomes have a long memory.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 2

You know what’s sad.  I read that he’s “set to sign” and naturally being a Canucks fan for as long as I’ve been that voice in my head said “You know what would be the most Canucks thing ever? If him and the Oilers put up that instagram pick as a prank. Him and the Oilers already have a deal and Connor McDavid and the boys thought it would be funny”. High fives all around.  
I know it’s sad.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, I have a strong feeling that Brock Boeser will outperform his next contract, regardless of the term or AAV (or even the team, but hopefully it’s here). 

25ish goal average on a bottom feeder, while having to deal with covid ( Imagine having to deal with all that testing / the border ect ) plus the passing of his father. It probably made it 1000x worse knowing for years the day is coming. Ugh I feel for him..

I don't really trust his shoulder shrugg thing he always does all game.. but like I said 4 year in the 6 range I would be good with. He could hit 40+ if our team can all gel. Alot of high end skill on the roster

Even though I want to see more size and grit in the lineup, this is a great no-lose addition that gives management more options to tinker other changes. I like that he’s a right handed player too… we needed more of those.

• Cheers 1

I mean it’s nice we won the derby, curious to see where this could go but my expectations are pretty low.  People are acting like we just landed the next Panarin when in fact, the odds are more like we just signed the next Slepyshev.

low risk move so worth the shot, but i like I said, my expectations for are pretty low.  

Really hope that’s not our big move of the summer, otherwise will be a similar season as last.

3 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I believe JR let the cat out of the bag, but I do believe those numbers are pretty close. Maybe 6x7, the 6 being years. Boudreau has got something happening with the change in the culture and hopefully he keeps it going. I'd hate to see a coaching change at the end of the coming season, give him a two year deal at the end of 22/23. Now about that defense!  But, it all boils down to, "just win baby".

if JR could pull of a 6 year deal at 7AAV he needs to win exec of the year. 

3 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The Miller sage has certainly kept all of us engaged and the Kuz addition, is a good feather on Allvins' cap.  Imo, the situation with Miller is VERY FLUID and good chance, teams that has had a playoff run this season will be looking to add and Allvin should be asking for the moon.  Let's enjoy the Finals cause once it is over the phones should start ringing.  The Rags, Kings, Devils and more recently, the retooling Flyers are the teams, that I am looking at, as suitors for Miller with the preference on the Devils or Flyers for the 5th pick (JB' favorite spot).

I really hope we can find a way to keep Miller, but that 2nd oa from NJ would be a nice consolation prize. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Interesting - and perhaps revealing - comment from Rutherford ... re: Miller. 

Or: It is in Vancouver's best interest for other teams looking for a number one centre to think of Miller as that guy. Also, he couldn't very well say "we have two good centres in Horvat and Petey".  By leaving Miller off that list, it telegraphs that he is probably available. It is the difference between Vancouver perceived as being eager to move him and Vancouver being reluctant to move him, meaning the cost goes up. Bottom line, if Allvin doesn't get a good enough offer for Miller, they still have him for another season and JT will be hungry to earn a big payday.

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There is no doubt Little Johnny is leaving.  He was snubbed on his last contract negotiations with the Flames.  And Gnomes have a long memory.  

I want Cowgary to drop 22 mil on gnome and catpuke. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Wow didn’t see this coming. Love how the oilers can’t always get what they want by dangling McDrai to solve their problems.

this is most certainly the writing on the wall for Brock boeser. 

don’t get your hopes up Myers will be staying … dude eats minutes for breakfast .

Garland isn’t going anywhere either , have another beer Alf

1 minute ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

Wow didn’t see this coming. Love how the oilers can’t always get what they want by dangling McDrai to solve their problems.

don’t get your hopes up Myers will be staying … dude eats minutes for breakfast .

Honestly, concerning the Oilers. I think the Canucks are a deeper team than the Oilers. The talent is more wide spread. 

And DEMKO.

Edited by Me_

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Honestly, concerning the Oilers. I think the Canucks are a deeper team than the Oilers. The talent is more wide spread. 

And DEMKO.

Exactly… lack of nhl coaching is why we didn’t make it to the dance 

Edit: most teams would kill to have our 3 centres lol

Edited by gottalovethosenucks
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

At least stylistically, Kuzmenko strikes as a mini-mite Boeser. There are some interesting decisions to be made coming up...

However, I'm going to predict that Boeser stays on. I think we still have the potential to keep him for good value.