The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

kuzmenko's 67 points in 61 games prorated to 82 games = 99 points *.74 khl translation = 67 points over 82 games. Thats a first line forward for free!

Because all players coming from the KHL has had successful transactions into the NHL.

Gusev and Shipachyov were arguably better players, but never had the success they had playing in the KHL.

Great, now dump Dickinson and convince Jasek to come back.  Sign Lamikko, Highmore and Lockwood for 2.7 mil total.  

Then trade Boeser to Buffalo for Tuch and Florida's 1st (save 2.75 mil).  

If I am not mistaken, we now have 10.5m + 2.75 + Ferland 3.5 - whatever savings come from dumping Dickinson - 2.7 for 4th liners.

That gives us 13m+ to work with 

sign Andrew Copp and Josh Manson.

Miller EP Podz

Pearson Horvat Garland

Hoglander Copp Tuch

Highmore Jasek Lammikko

Lockwood

Hughes Manson

OEL Myers

Dermott Schenn

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, shiznak said:

Because all players coming from the KHL has had successful transactions into the NHL.

Gusev and Shipachyov were arguably better players, but never had the success they had playing in the KHL.

Doesn't matter though.  What matters is the top Free Agent (in this category) this year chose us. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

So with Kuzmenko on board now, how do our lines shape up with the current guys?

In no particular order:

Pods, Petey, Boeser

Kuzmenko, Bo, Garland

Pearson, Miller, Hogs

Who is out?  

Pearson seems likely... wouldn't be the first time JR's had a hand in trading him.

14 minutes ago, brownky said:

You can't get a true feel for a situation or a person without direct interaction. Indirect (relying on others) can give "A picture" but not "the picture" as it relates to you.

It's why the best bosses are the ones who are willing and able to muck in when the time comes to do that. It's not their JOB to do it, but sometimes it's needed. The connection with "how it is on the ground" goes a LONG ways. Being accessible as "the boss" means if there's a pain point or something it can be addressed quickly rather than bogging the works down.

If this is the new way forward, it's the right way forward and I'm more optimistic than I was yesterday.

Good points about management style but I've seen it so many times working in the corporate world - that it takes just one lizard to get in and ruin a management group (Weisbrod ?).  Anyways, great signing and good chance, he will be a highly motivated individual to perform (1yr deal).

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

In no particular order:

Pods, Petey, Boeser

Kuzmenko, Bo, Garland

Pearson, Miller, Hogs

Who is out?  

Podz and Kumenko will play together, they played together in Russia and have chemistry. 

Pearson, Garland likely out. Then maybe one of Miller and Bo. I wonder if this signing now makes Bo and Miller think twice about max dollars.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

In no particular order:

Pods, Petey, Boeser

Kuzmenko, Bo, Garland

Pearson, Miller, Hogs

Who is out?  

Miller needs to be top line and Bo 3rd.

Keep then all and win the Cup in 2023!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

In no particular order:

Pods, Petey, Boeser

Kuzmenko, Bo, Garland

Pearson, Miller, Hogs

Who is out?  

You have to let Miller go Alf..... you just have to let him go:unsure:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

It's pretty clear with Vasili Vodkolzin being a lesser former teammate in KHL (deployment by coach) and yet settling well in the NHL and I'm sure having nice things to share about his experience in Vancouver and Bruce Boudreau having previously coached Ovechkin, the Russian connection is relatedly strong. 

Podz was 18-20 at that time.  He is significantly older. 

24 minutes ago, JM_ said:

And if Toronto had signed him:

"Big, strong on the puck and can protect low. Great pace to his game ... 200' player that can help Matthews on the rush. He'll have instant chemistry with the other higher-skilled guys."

Isn't he 5'11, 194?  Not sure that qualifies as "big"

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Where's Kuzmenko

Good point I rushed it a bit.::D  I got too excited about Copp and Tuch.  I guess we have to trade one of Pearson or Hoglander, whichever brings the best pick or dman in return.

Miller EP Podz

Kuzmenko Horvat Garland

Pearson/Hoglander Copp Tuch

Highmore Jasek Lammikko

Lockwood

Hughes Manson

OEL Myers

Dermott Schenn

• Cheers 1