The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] DiPietro on the Block, Montreal has Enquired

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think Dipietro can still be a backup in the league. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it'll be with the Canucks. Fortunately for the Canucks, Martin was an unexpected pleansant surprise. It pushed DiPietro down the depth chart. Silovs for me is still quite unproven, so I'm not sure why he's more favored compared to DiPietro. Is it only because of his size? 

Agree about DiPietro. I just hope he gets a good shot with another team so he isn't haunted by "if only if Covid didn't happen" for the rest of his life. 

Silovs' performance at the World Championship can't be ignored by the organization. He outperformed a bonafide NHL starter in team mate Elvis Merzlikins. 

We could very well have a really good goaltending problem on our hands over the next couple seasons. 

Just now, qwijibo said:

I could see something like that. Brook has no path to the big club with everyone who’s passed him on the depth chart 

Totally agree - its similar to the situation with Dipietro who has also been passed on the depth chart in Vancouver. Worth the risk as I do not see the Habs giving up more than a 4th for him and Brooks was a 2nd rounder few years ago.

• Cheers 2

He doesn't have the size to be an NHL starter imo. for his size, he needs to have the skills of a Shesterkin or Saros to succeed in todays NHL. the start he had vs SJ probably sealed his fate, it felt like any shot would get pass him.. he looked tiny in net. 

3 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Don't tell Montreal that.

We can always trade him to Edmonton, although since he's already had to play behind Bouchard I wouldn't report if I was him.  He's already taken the fall once for that lazy pylon disgracing his country.

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, Ilunga said:

He is better than any goalie currently on their roster. 

True, although since he's already had to play behind Bouchard I wouldn't report if I was him.  He's already taken the fall once for that lazy pylon disgracing his country.

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

We could spare it with the rise of Martin, but I do feel like we need another goaltender prospect coming up in the pipeline soon. Who else do we have that's developing? We have Silovs, but I'm not sure he's likely to make the NHL at any point.

The organization is very high on Silovs and with Demko being so young, we can spare time developing him. We also have Koskenvuo.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Dipietro could be used as a sweetener to unload Dickinson or poolman 

His time in VAN just never really progressed 

Rememeber someone paid for hamonic. As the off season wears on and teams run out of options... they may just take Dickinson for free. Doubt poolman because injury