The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Toronto trying to trade for OTT G Matt Murray, who declined trade to Sabres

24 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah but the first round exists usually are against teams that make it to the cup finals. So while I know people here like to trash the Leafs besides their exit against Columbus their first round match ups are against some very strong teams.

Plus the team was 4th in the league last season, I'd say that's a very good position to be in.

They still have only 3 NHL quality blueliners and a forward group that refuses to backcheck.  They are simply not a good hockey team and are ran by a GM who is not qualified to work in hockey ops.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah but the first round exists usually are against teams that make it to the cup finals. So while I know people here like to trash the Leafs besides their exit against Columbus their first round match ups are against some very strong teams.

Plus the team was 4th in the league last season, I'd say that's a very good position to be in.

That's the lamest excuse ever. The Leafs were always pegged to do some major damage in the playoffs, and they always fall short. In fact, they've been ousted several years in a row. It doesn't matter if those teams end up going to the cup finals - that in itself does not relate to how the Leafs lose in the playoffs, every single year. It's a theme with them, not with other teams.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

Don't even try to justify. We all know how long it's been with first round exits. Zero excuses imo

* What if we started using the excuse that we never make the playoffs because we lose to teams who make the playoffs.. same crap different angle lmao *

Edited by Mustard Tiger
Added
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

And apparently they received extra kudos in the handshake line after their first round exit this year..........there's that as well.

Edited by rekker
  • Haha 2

This is exactly what the Leafs need. An overpaid veteran goalie who has won some cups and brings experience hahaha. Who needs defence, or a goalie capable of stealing meaningful games?  He didn’t get it done in Ottawa and Toronto’s defence is a dumpster fire. Put murray in Tampa Bay and he would do ok, but they have checking forwards, the ability to win key face offs and defence that knows how to block a shot. Let’s go Laff’s!  Hope they win this one. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rekker said:

Oh man let this be true. Murray is crap. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't waive to go there. That market will eat him alive. 

And given his recent issues with mental health Toronto should be at or very close to the top of his NTC list. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

They have to keep any prospects they have to add to future cap dumps:P

Leafs prospect pool is pretty shallow. Rumour is they're scouting summer beer leagues for serviceable players to round out the Marlies lineup.

This happens when you keep trading draft picks so that you have a total of 8 selections over the past two drafts (and none from the 1st round)

• Cheers 1