The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Ilya Mikheyev

2 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

why is this absolutely awesome? third line winger...kind of soft...misses open nets kind of player...don't we have enough bottom 6?

6'3" speedy good PKer with a 14.3 shooting % (can't be missing too many empty nets)

Edited by Jayinblack
  • Like 2

Just now, BureBurrito said:

why is this absolutely awesome? third line winger...kind of soft...misses open nets kind of player...don't we have enough bottom 6?

Is he soft?  I don’t follow the leafs too closely but I heard he’s fast and pretty tenacious - sounds a bit like Hansen?

• Cheers 2

Management going after big guys, Lazar and Mikheyev, we're growing already.

Got to wonder what moves are in store, surely Garland is gone. We're still yet to address our main problems - 3C and RD, but we're adding size which is what the people wanted.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Pumped. Really wanted to add this speed to the top 6.

Now we can move Garland or Pearson. 

I say Pearson, Garland is on a great contact and plays with speed, skill and draws penalties. There has to be a trade in the works.

• Vintage 1

Well we have a crazy abundance of great skilled Swedish and Russian talent in the organization and I love it.

We could seriously have a team with 75% Swedes and Russians in the future.

Anyway great to see us add something great here and I feel this team is going to have a great season with this addition plus great team win helping players in Kuzmenko, Rathbone and a PK boost in Lazar.