The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Tkachuk trade in the works

I actually feel bad for flames fans.  As much as we hate for them, 2 of their best young players refused to resign with them.   It’s one thing getting traded, but flat out saying FU to the club….

I can only imagine if hughes and petterson  did this.  Or imagine hughes/Petey/Miller all saying FU to van.

edit:  sometimes my English is atrocious   

Edited by sassbs
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I actually feel bad for flames fans.  As much as we hate for them, 2 of their best young players refused to resign with them.   It’s one thing getting traded, but flat out saying FU to the club….

I can only imagine if hughes and petterson  did this.  Or imagine hughes/Petey/Miller all saying FU to van.   

Would hurt Canucks fans for sure. 

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I'm honestly finding solace in all of this. With everything that's happened between Laine, Dubois, Pulj, and now Tkachuk - and probably Matthews next, I don't feel as bad about the Juolevi pick. Gone are the days (I hope) where I wake up in a cold sweat at 5AM after seeing Linden's face at the draft lottery in my dreams... :ph34r:

dunno how u can find any solace.. all of them minus pulj can and will recoup good assets if they were to move.. Juolevi u can't even get anything for since he's on waiver for free nowadays.

25 minutes ago, sassbs said:

edit:  sometimes my English is atrocious   

seems the way to go to keep young americans on a canadian team.. give them the huge long term contract out of ELC.. they haven't made any money yet.. so they'll probably jump at the money.. if u give them a bridge out of ELC.. most of them ends up leaving it seems once rfa runs out.

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

seems the way to go to keep young americans on a canadian team.. give them the huge long term contract out of ELC.. they haven't made any money yet.. so they'll probably jump at the money.. if u give them a bridge out of ELC.. most of them ends up leaving it seems once rfa runs out.

I think QH could have gotten more if he held out. He seems like a good kid

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

Good proposal. 
Imagine if MT sticks it to the Flames and indicates that no matter where he is traded he intends to hold out until UFA so he can then choose where he goes afterwards. He’d likely be the top UFA on the market (given some others are previously extended by their teams) and imho would absolutely cash in huge. 

As much as people wanna vilify Tkachuk. It seems like he told Calgary his intentions early so they can trade him. Instead of losing him for nothing like they did with Johnny Hockey. Although at least in that case they got him for free so all they really lost was hope going forward. I don't think Tkachuk wants to do them wrong, he just doesn't want to be there. Which sucks in of itself, but is what it is.

Edit: I was wrong about Gaudreau. I thought he was a NCAA free agent for some reason. But losing a 4th rounder that played 8 really good seasons for you stings less than a 6th overall pick that wants our before turning 25.

Edited by N7Nucks

30 minutes ago, ice8eight said:

I cant laugh at this, this is brutal. This is the equivalent of Petterson not wanting to re sign.

It’s essentially the equivalent of Pettersson not signing after Miller walks for nothing, but a fair bit worse. 

4 minutes ago, kodos said:

It’s essentially the equivalent of Pettersson not signing after Miller walks for nothing, but a fair bit worse. 

So much worse.

They were in legit cup contention and now basically forced onto a rebuild out of nowhere.

people are laughing at Calgary right now here. But this also further hurts the trade value Miller has as well. 

If I were a team looking for a winger I would rather go for Tkachuk over Miller considering the age + he's an RFA after the contract expires.

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Hopefully that’s not the case with Petey when his bridge deal is up. 

If the team signs Miller to a long term extension, do they have enough money and cap space to sign Petey to a long term deal? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

people are laughing at Calgary right now here. But this also further hurts the trade value Miller has as well. 

If I were a team looking for a winger I would rather go for Tkachuk over Miller considering the age + he's an RFA after the contract expires.

Good thing we’re re-signing him then!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

It’s worth it!  Ha ha ha Cowpie!

spacer.png