The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your unpopular Canuck opinions?

Rate this topic

Coconuts

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Well when you're called a troll and hater for almost 8 years for saying things one would hope would be very obvious to most like "y'know probably best not to spend all your cap on overpaid free agents and trade away draft picks during a rebuild" it may prove difficult to be gracious in victory. :bigblush:

I think you've demonstrated restraint :lol:

I use the ignore feature to my benefit, if a poster doesn't spark joy I Marie Kondo their asses. 

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

I've read these kinds of comments a lot here year in and year out.

Are people haters for simply calling a bad team bad / stating facts?

I'd say there are less haters and more just delusional people on the other side.

Buddy it’s sports.  The fun is in the narrative and the theatre.  Overcoming the odds.  We have no control over anything and we arbitrarily cheer for the team due to them being based out of a city we live in or close to.  When the Canucks don’t make the playoffs people who were positive aren’t sitting there all dumbfounded about how that happened.

I don’t understand how the “intelligent” group don’t understand what they’re signing up for. I’m not saying the team is perfect or they’re favourites to win the cup or even the division.  I’m saying I hope they win enough that the weirdos who care more about being “right” about random little negative complaints and critiques have to suck a lemon.  It’s way more fun to be on board when the team does turn the corner than complaining all the way and posting one of those pathetic “well I’m happy they proved me wrong” statements after being a wet blanket the whole time.

• Cheers 3

On 7/22/2022 at 6:46 AM, JM_ said:

not sure how that relates to Linden not having enough experience for the job?

It has to do with Linden not even knowing Bening and hiring him being a rookie move.....they were team mates.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fanfrom70 said:

It has to do with Linden not even knowing Bening and hiring him being a rookie move.....they were team mates.

I meant in a management role. Linden was in a rush to hire a GM and made a mistake, not sure how thats even in dispute tbh. 

Edited by JM_

Not directly Canucks related, but

I just don't like the fact that after years and decades, Vancouver is still a one-team-city.

Don't the Whitecaps and Lions have a season GOING ON right now?  Why the media put 90% of the focus on J.T. Miller while nothing is actually going on?

I understand the NBA and the potential investors may hesitate when talking about bringing back an NBA team, but I just don't see the passion from the Vancouver fans and community, comparing to the Sonics fans and Nordiques fans who want their teams back badly!

Edited by The King of Kings

On 7/25/2022 at 11:16 AM, JM_ said:

I think you've demonstrated restraint :lol:

I use the ignore feature to my benefit, if a poster doesn't spark joy I Marie Kondo their asses. 

best choice I ever made with my time here. There are a couple of posters that are not worth the cost of admission here. Now the only time I have to see them is when someone else replies to their bait, and it brings me joy each time to see I made the right call because it's almost always not worth reading.

• Cheers 1